• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Dan

Flamefrost Cocktail Contest!

Flamefrost Cocktail Poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose your favourite brew:

• Frostfire Elixir
    • Elven Luxury
    • Stein of Naerath
    • Fire Gulp

Novarion said:

So, in game a few nights ago we were joking around about making a mixed Flamefrost drink and a contest surrounding it! I think it'd be really fun to do, but first, some rules!

1. To participate, you have to be your country's legal drinking age. (Usually a given, but for liability's sake and all)
2. You can make whatever drink you like, so long as part of the drink contains alcohol, and it is not a direct copy of an already existing recipe! That includes other contest entries-don't just copy and change only one thing.
3. Each person can make 1 entry. Entries must be submitted with a recipe and a picture of the drink!
4. Submission deadline will be June 10th at 11:59 PM GMT, and the contest winner will be community voted. Voting will take place over the next week, and each person gets one vote. You can vote for your own drink. Voting will close on the 18th at 11:59 PM GMT, and the winner will be announced Monday, June 19th! The poll will be posted the morning of the 12th.
5. I am not sure what I will offer as a prize just yet since I'm a relatively new player, but I will see what I can do. For now, probably a gold prize for the top three entries is what I'm thinking. 1st place-75,000 2nd place-50,000 3rd-25,000.

I hope everyone thinks this will be fun! Good luck and happy mixing!

Thanks to Dan the prizes got waaaay cooler! Thanks so much :)

As promised, I am doubling the gold rewards offered by Novarion and also going to include a set of secret potions that no one has seen in the game previously! ;) 

And here are our contestants:
1) Frostfire Elixir
2) Elven Luxury
3) Stein of Naerath
4) Fire Gulp

• Like 6

I'M IN !!!!!

How fun is this going to be??

Great idea !

1 hour ago, Novarion said:

So, in game a few nights ago we were joking around about making a mixed Flamefrost drink and a contest surrounding it! I think it'd be really fun to do, but first, some rules!

1. To participate, you have to be your country's legal drinking age. (Usually a given, but for liability's sake and all)
2. You can make whatever drink you like, so long as part of the drink contains alcohol, and it is not a direct copy of an already existing recipe! That includes other contest entries-don't just copy and change only one thing.
3. Each person can make 1 entry. Entries must be submitted with a recipe and a picture of the drink!
4. Submission deadline will be June 10th at 11:59 PM GMT, and the contest winner will be community voted. Voting will take place over the next week, and each person gets one vote. You can vote for your own drink. Voting will close on the 17th at 11:59 PM GMT, and the winner will be announced Sunday, June 18th! Please send your votes to me directly so that no-one double votes, and you don't have to worry about someone knowing who you did/didn't vote for.
5. I am not sure what I will offer as a prize just yet since I'm a relatively new player, but I will see what I can do. For now, probably a gold prize for the top three entries is what I'm thinking. 1st place-75,000 2nd place-50,000 3rd-25,000.

I hope everyone thinks this will be fun! Good luck and happy mixing!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dan said:

As mentioned yesterday, this definitely is a great idea! :)

And as with all player-made competitions, I am more than happy to supply the reward and an anonymous voting facility once we have some contestants (just to make your life a bit easier; I know how hard it is to track all PMs :))!
I think it would be appropriate for the winners to receive a bunch of secret potions brewed by myself, unavailable elsewhere in the game (their exact contents will be revealed later), on top of the gold rewards that I'm willing to double. ;)

Let the fun begin!

So considerate ! 

Off to make some drinks and see what I can come up with !

• Like 4

My submission:

First of all, the name! In keeping with the game, I submit "Frostfire Elixir"

Next, the recipe:

2 teaspoons of superfine sugar

1 ounce of grenadine

2 ounces triple sec

2 ounces of blue curacao

2 ounces of either orange juice or lime juice (freshly squeezed)

3-4 ounces of 190 Octane

The ingredients are mixed and shaken with 2-3 ounces of finely crushed ice and poured into a glass or mug that has been chilled and dipped into a mixture of fine sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt. A lime wedge is not always needed. 

Frostfire.jpg

• Like 6

Definitely, I'll join this contest at the earliest opportunity!
I've prepared something last week, but unfortunately drank it before taking a picture (an unfortunate accident). * sigh * :) 

• Like 3

Hi guys!

Haven't been around lately, but it's hard to miss a competition like this :)

Mine is a pretty simple one: Sparkly elven water with a hint of fire and luxury ;) 
(champagne with chambord (black raspberry), strawberry liquor and a bit of tabasco)

Good luck to everyone! (And we are waiting for a spiky-bity-firey contestant! :P )

Elven Water 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Phemia Silverstar said:

Hi guys!

Haven't been around lately, but it's hard to miss a competition like this :)

Mine is a pretty simple one: Sparkly elven water with a hint of fire and luxury ;) 

Good luck to everyone! (And we are waiting for a spiky-bity-firey contestant! :P )

do 

Thank you for this entry, Phemia! But one of the requirements is to post the recipe :)
Could you add that for us? It doesn't have to be as exacting as Cajunfried's, of course.

Edited by Novarion
  • Like 2

Alright, won't delay this any further, here goes. :)

"Stein of Naerath"
(pronounced as "st-eye-ne of Naerath" :))

A drink invented in Thulharmar's Furnace to celebrate truce between Hammerforge Legion and the elves of Elmethil.

Ingredients:

• A dwarven handful of Meltblaze Powder (brown sugar) to represent the fiery and ever-changing foundation of this alliance.
  • Two shots of elven white wine (Baccardi) to represent Elmethil Do'Naerath and three shots of dwarven water (vodka) from Thulharmar's Furnace (this is a dwarven drink, after all. And dwarves do tend to think of themselves as superior over elves, even if their current relationship is friendly, hence the three shots against two).
  • Ten leaves of mint from the Emerald Dragon hills to symbolize good weather under the Eye of Naerath's dome.
  • A bucket of ice from the Edge of Despair: no dwarf is afraid of a little chill (they drink despair for breakfast)!
  • Two spoonfuls of water from the Sea of Frozen Blades (blue curacao): the essence of Naerath at its purest.
  • Add sparkling water from the Lake of Hidden shadows (soda or Sprite) to taste.
  • Served in a dwarven stein (obviously).

And voila!

ffc.png.08fcf5cc4d072f0ca5803c88df1987e9.png

• Like 6

Friendly reminder for all who wanted to participate! Contest deadline is this Saturday :) We have two complete entries, and am still waiting on @Phemia Silverstar to add a recipe to complete theirs. 

Thanks to everyone who has participated so far! 

• Like 3

Me own submission...Fire Gulp

Contains Orange Juice, Orange Curacao, Grenedine, Melted Redhot candies, Whisky and some fine crushed ice.

Fire Gulp.jpg

• Like 5

The contest deadline has officially passed, but if @Vasalisa, @Weyah, or anyone else has a last minute submission they'd like to put through, I'm going to give an extension through Sunday, til midnight GMT. With that in mind, the voting period is also going to be moved ahead one day, just so the amount of time allowed for a vote will be the same.

Thanks again to everyone who has participated so far! I hope the slight extension will help others who didn't quite have time to submit :)

• Like 2

Ok folks, time to vote! :)
Novarion and I have embedded the "polling station" at the top of this thread, so please feel free to use it at the earliest convenience. :) 

• Like 2

One of our newer players (unfortunately, I can't remember who or I would happily give them credit) suggested that the drinks also be incorporated into the world of Naerath for purchase.   I heartily second this motion! :D 

• Like 3

So, without further ado, I should annouce the winner!
1st place goes to @Cajunfried2016 with the Frostfire Elixir!
However, due to the nature of a vote split, we have a 3 way tie for 2nd. 

@Dan with Stein of Naerath, @Phemia Silverstar with Elven Luxury, and @LaGator with Fire Gulp.

We're going to need a special run off here!  A two way tie could've been passable, but with a 3 way tie we have no 2nd and 3rd place people to distribute prizes to!

• Like 2

If the main reason for a runoff is to give out prizes, I recommend we remove Dan from the running and let him have the tie-breaking vote. :)

If the competitors have a desire to see who really was the most popular, though, I'm all for a runoff!!!

• Like 2

Well, this was fun! :) 

But I have to agree with Hyperion here. :)
I'm glad that I got some votes and you enjoyed my creation, but me taking a portion of someone's prize isn't entirely fair (I was planning on giving it away  in case I won anyway :)).

So I'd like to give my extra vote to @LaGator and therefore move him to the second place!

Guys, please PM me your in-game character names to whom I should send the reward. ;)

P.S. Except for @Cajunfried2016. No need for PMs, I'm assuming Andvarri is the winner here. :) 

• Like 4