• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Forum Blob

some small "quality of life" suggestions/issues

most likely already known things/issues and there are probably more important things to work on, but still worth mentioning imho:

-- normalized settlements resource growth display:

Right now the growth display doesn't account for differences in collection time

example:

a wooden well produces 10 water / 8 h and increases growth display by 10; //1.25 water per hour

a water fountain produces 40 water / 1 h and increases growth display by 40; //40.0 water per hour

would one only look at the growth display it would seem like 4 wooden well are as good as 1 water fountain, which obviously is incorrect.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-- Exploration Mode chest/container only despawn/update their contents, when all items are looted:

this could lead to some anticlimactic experiences especially for newer explorers.

example:

A more experienced/veteran player opens a lvl 2 chest and it contains 2 blue and 1 junk items, he only takes the blues.

A new player tries his lockpicking skill on the exact same lvl 2 chest and even succeeds to unlock it only to be "rewarded" by 1 junk item.

I do not really have any suggestion how to solve this but maybe others have some Ideas.

In the meantime I would kindly ask all higher players to loot the chests/container they open completely to avoid some newbie tears :P

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-- Exploration Mode Glimmering Forest one-way-paths

For non teleport classes, there are some narrow tree paths that allow me to walk past them but it becomes impossible to go back again.

I do not know if that is a bug/related to 3d models (I know that I am too fat !...) or even intended.

also getting blocked by henchmen can become a have-to-flee sorta thing (for non teleport classes)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

--Auction-House: option to filter out thrift shop (so to only see offers from other players)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

wishful stuff:

--settlement overview window (being able to see the resources/max resources of all owned settlements would go a long way)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

mhh that should be all, thanks for reading

keep up the god work

P.S.: Group fighting in EM is sooo much fun!

• Like 3

Everything sounds reasonable, my only question is about the first item: how would you propose to normalize the resource panels? :)

The problem is that when considering settlement needs (e.g. dwellers requiring 40 points of water growth) only the current growth total is considered, not frequency (i.e. the dwellers don't care how often they get that 40 points of water; they'll stop complaining even if you're receiving 40 points of water every 8 hours).
So displaying some sort of an hour-based average in these icons may be a bit misleading ("why do I have 23.25 water points per hour, but no one's complaining considering the 40 point requirement?").

However, I could probably add this average into the resource description tooltip as an extra line...

Other ideas are also welcome!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dan said:

the dwellers don't care how often they get that 40 points of water; they'll stop complaining even if you're receiving 40 points of water every 8 hours.

Wow, Settlers are .. ummm... special.... They must have all been born into the Iron Alliance. :D 

I think you have a solid idea with the extra line in the tooltip, Dan.  Maybe the second line could just list the total gain or loss over a 24 hour period? 

...Unless you were to create a whole 'nother Settlement Management Window that lists each resource and then breaks it down by each building and who works there... :) 

• Like 2

yup total gain/loss (with frequency of individual sources counted for) per 24 h /or 8 h / or x h as an extra line would totally suffice (so to not mingle with mechanics) and would give a more accurate picture of ones resource production :)  

4 hours ago, Dan said:

The problem is that when considering settlement needs (e.g. dwellers requiring 40 points of water growth) only the current growth total is considered, not frequency

mhh does that mean they don't actually drink water? (reduce water at an interval ?)

if no, what is the time period water gets reduced by dwellers ?

or do they only reduce growth?

mmhhh thinking about it, adding an additional/separate line that would show the requirement of an resource (per time-period) would also be great ! :D

(I am evil...)

• Like 1

Each settler 'consumes' ten food and ten water every hour.  I don't think this is currently in the settlement tooltips (I'd like to nominate that it be added to 'the number of settlers' tooltip, if it isn't anywhere else).   A third line that shows how much a resource is being depleted per time period sounds like it might get cluttery if you already have the minimum growth for happiness (MHG?) and actual growth lines, but I am just guessing.  If it isn't cluttery then I am for it, cuz I almost always like more info :) 

• Like 2