• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Hyperion

Hotkey Inconveniences

It was brought to my attention last night that when one has a window opened (the Silver Dragon Guild dialogue box, for example) the Enter hotkey will enter whatever choice is currently highlighted by the mouse instead of submitting an open chat line.  

A (hypothetical) example:  I open the Silver Dragon Guild to view the people there.  Then I press Enter and start chatting. While I am, my mouse strays over the Demolish Button and the button is highlighted.  I press enter twice to send the chat and open a new chat line, but instead of sending the chat I elect to demolish my Silver Dragon Guild.  

Could the priorities be rearranged so that chat lines get the first enter press here?

Thank you!
Yes, I know what you're talking about!

I don't think you can actually demolish anything unless you click on the "Demolish" button first, as it's only the confirmation pop-ups that are affected by this "priority issue" (i.e. you can only close the "Are you sure you want to do this?" kind of pop-up with an enter. You can't select "Trade", "Errands", "Talk", "Demolish" and other options with your keyboard. At least I don't remember building that functionality :)).

But I agree, it can be annoying; will address that. :) 

• Like 1

Thanks Dan!  The limited nature explains something - I thought it was curious I hadn't encountered issues with this before,  I can be a little.... verbose. :)  The actual occurrence was when someone was trying to pick up an herb for a quest.

I believe this should now be fixed (Ctrl+F5 refresh is required). ;)

When a chat input is visible it will be the highest priority for hotkeys than any other pop-ups.
Additionally, pressing enter while gathering resources will also open/close the chat input instead of interrupting the gathering process.

• Like 1