• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Tanzer

strength has 0 effect on unarmed damage.

i stripped down every piece of gear that didnt have unarmed skill on it, and my damage never changed a single point.

If i recall from the previous thread where unarmed was changed, it was supposed to scale with strength 

Please also note that with the increasing strength your unarmed damage will grow faster and faster, and at 500 effective strength (achievable via item bonuses) of the same character the values become as follows:
Unarmed damage: 1068 - 2409
Melee Weapon damage (electrical uncommon mace): 1650 - 2027

As you can see, with higher strength the maximum damage from your unarmed attacks becomes greater than the maximum damage of the most powerful uncommon mace in the game.
The unarmed minimum damage is lower, but that's a fair drawback, in my opinion. :)

from your previous info..

this explains why i've been so bored with my vindicator lol.. its nothing like i was expecting

Can't reproduce what you're referring to, sorry! Need more info on how you've established that your damage doesn't change.

In my experience both strength and unarmed skill bonus from items affect damage (tested today):

1) Option: no strength, 10k skill bonus from an equipped item.

eq1.png.0631b2a921be54749fc196f60bc051b7.png

Resulting damage:

dmg1.png.46b0b9b3271670cc8717f1e45f452760.png

(10k skill bonus doesn't fit on the skill UI)

2) Option 2: no items equipped, basic strength.

dmg2.png.8a21f1f77d3b361955ba65326ffd8903.png

3) Option 3: no items equipped, 10k strength.

dmg3.png.898142a91fff79d8e56d5250e15a7633.png

I will check again. But i removed all of my gear except one piece that had nothing but unarmed. And my damage was 1030-2265. Equipped all of my gear. Taking ny strength from 210 base to over 660.. Range never changed..  Is there a threshold on the formula? 

Using 10k str and skill may have very well worked simply because its such a high value and i cant hit that in real world situations

The formula is fairly straightforward, you'd see difference even if I picked +1 instead of +10k.

But in my case strength was "Base", while you are receiving strength bonuses from items (i.e. effective value).
It's possible that this formula is using base strength only (I will adjust that if it's the case)!

Yup, that was the case indeed!

Fix deployed; please let me know if you're seeing better numbers now. :) 

• Like 1

wait... I meant... BOOOOO to weak. needs a multiplier of 30, incantrix op.. theurge op.. cant compete.. vindicator sadness

Just now, Dan said:

Would you like to share your exact numbers? :)

nah, its actually fine, i just hate low levels.. i refuse to craft gear below level 50 because supplies are too tedious to collect, with the level limit on property containers and such. i'd have to spend weeks farming level 35 elites

21 minutes ago, Tanzer said:

nah, its actually fine, i just hate low levels.. i refuse to craft gear below level 50 because supplies are too tedious to collect, with the level limit on property containers and such. i'd have to spend weeks farming level 35 elites

You have the strength to farm level 35 elites? Low-level Character sadness... :P 

Just now, Hyperion said:

You have the strength to farm level 35 elites? Low-level Character sadness... :P 

i have a 38 vindicator.. backed up by a 61 theurge lol