• Announcements

• Hyperion

Trade Forums   08/18/17

The Trade Forums are now open!!!  Scroll down to find places to buy, sell, barter and more.  Place a listing of what you craft, or of the awesome gear in your pack that needs to be used.  Open a post and expand your business horizons today!
Hyperion

Exploration Contest

Hyperion    560

We have some wonderful artwork and thought that has gone into the land of Naerath, and as a way of appreciating and exploring these works of art I thought we could have some friendly competition!  The only problem is that I don't know how difficult this will be...

The Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It: Below is a square of Naerath.  The first person to find it (and post the coordinates here) before the end of the week (Sunday, April 30th) is the victor.

The Rewards: 50,000 in gold!!

Comp2C.thumb.jpg.1573a8fb060945cb0a0a3f95d8822009.jpg

Edited by Hyperion
Sometimes you can take things back from the internet. :)
  • Like 1

Hyperion    560

Good find, Tanzer!! I got a good laugh out of this, I honestly didn't think even Dan would be able to find it that fast.  I'll ship you the reward next time I'm on (probably tomorrow, I'm on a phone right now), PM me if you want it sent to a particular alt.  Was this idea worthy of a repeat competition?

• Like 2

Tanzer    189

I have a weird deviation of photographic memory where everything is saved in my head as a map... I have gone back to games after a decade and know every corner of a maze i saw once

You cant mention a spot i cant find lol

Send the reward to a random player that speaks on public chat

• Like 2

Hyperion    560

Will do!  I guess I'll have to to try harder next week, no distinguishing features... maybe I'll name this the Tanzer Tester Contest.^_^

For the record, if I ever get sent into the Labyrinth I am dragging you with me. ;)

Edited by Hyperion
  • Like 1

Dan    1168
17 hours ago, Hyperion said:

I honestly didn't think even Dan would be able to find it that fast.

Well... I've actually rendered, re-rendered, edited and re-built Naerath so many times that it wouldn't be fair for me to participate either. :) 

But I do love the idea of this contest!
As a "hard" difficulty level I suggest reducing the screenshot size even further: trying to find a specific combination of trees and shadows without any buildings or additional objects may be a different challenge entirely! ;) 

P.S. Happy to facilitate additional contest rewards and replenish your gold if you contact me in PM! I do really appreciate any events like this!

• Like 2

Dan    1168

Ok, I really can't wait for a round 2 now!

Tanzer, can you find this spot? :) 

tree.PNG.bbec58fd07e4b3f0f6fc7528cd5f9d3e.PNG

The first person to do so will be awarded with 100,000gp and a random reward token. ;) 

P.S. If it is Tanzer again, all rewards will go into "Naerathian charity fund". :) 

• Like 2

Tanzer    189

I'll be honest, this is near impossible for one reason. there is no way, to get that level of texture quality, if you zoom in at all. the resolution mapping is just too small. so im stuck searching for a specific snow pattern on a lonely tree.. but i do know the general region it's in 

• Like 1

Hyperion    560

Dan, is there a consolation prize for Tanzer getting the right region on his first guess? Then the rest of us can form a search grid and canvas the area. ^_^

Btw, that is an amazing picture, but... Are those bones laying on the snow to what is presumably the south of the tree? Or is it just an elevated part of the snow drift?

🌲       🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲

Edited by Hyperion
  • Like 1

Hyperion    560
2 minutes ago, Tanzer said:

also.. i hate clouds.. they are nothing but disruptive to me lol

YES!!!!!!! So true. >:(

• Like 1

Dan    1168
38 minutes ago, Tanzer said:

I'll be honest, this is near impossible for one reason. there is no way, to get that level of texture quality, if you zoom in at all.

What do you mean?
There was no zooming in or out involved when taking that screenshot; I logged into the game and "printscreened" a sector as it appears in the game. :)
So you should be able to see that exact set of sectors (with the central one containing a tree) somewhere on Naerath, no image manipulation involved (I'm not a complete sadist!).

28 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

Dan, is there a consolation prize for Tanzer getting the right region on his first guess? Then the rest of us can form a search grid and canvas the area. ^_^

I think it would be fair to separate rewards into 2 categories: "Tanzer's victory" and "Everyone else's". :)
Let's ask Tanzer to submit his response into PM to me directly, then everyone else can partake in this adventure too. ;)

30 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

Btw, that is an amazing picture, but... Are those bones laying on the snow to what is presumably the south of the tree? Or is it just an elevated part of the snow drift?

It's just layers of snow, no bones, I'm afraid. :)

I know this sector is quite dark and hard to find, but... that's also the hint to its presence; there aren't many dark places like that on Naerath!

• Like 1

Tanzer    189
Just now, Dan said:

What do you mean?
There was no zooming in or out involved when taking that screenshot; I logged into the game and "printscreened" a sector as it appears in the game. :)
So you should be able to see that exact set of sectors (with the central one containing a tree) somewhere on Naerath, no image manipulation involved (I'm not a complete sadist!).

I think it would be fair to separate rewards into 2 categories: "Tanzer's victory" and "Everyone else's". :)
Let's ask Tanzer to submit his response into PM to me directly, then everyone else can partake in this adventure too. ;)

It's just layers of snow, no bones, I'm afraid. :)

I know this sector is quite dark and hard to find, but... that's also the hint to its presence; there aren't many dark places like that on Naerath!

so this is actually multiple sectors? not a smaller part of a single one as Hyperion suggested might make it harder?

• Like 1

Dan    1168
Just now, Tanzer said:

so this is actually multiple sectors? not a smaller part of a single one as Hyperion suggested might make it harder?

Oh, no, I suggested it, but hasn't gone as far as to do it myself. :D

It's a full-sized sector with small chunks of 8 surrounding sectors. 1:1 scale.

• Like 1

Tanzer    189
1 minute ago, Dan said:

i'll be honest, i expected you to be a cheeky little bastard and do it inside an instance, with an inverted image...

• Like 2

Dan    1168
Just now, Tanzer said:

i'll be honest, i expected you to be a cheeky little bastard and do it inside an instance, with an inverted image...

* laughs out loud *

• Like 1

Hyperion    560
20 minutes ago, Tanzer said:

19 minutes ago, Dan said:

That was just mean!  I had the screen on a 250x zoom trying to scope out individual trees this morning...

• Like 1

Dan    1168
1 minute ago, Hyperion said:

That was just mean!  I had the screen on a 250x zoom trying to scope out individual trees this morning...

Damn! :D Apologies for misunderstanding!

Well, hopefully this makes things a bit easier now. :) 

• Like 1

Hyperion    560

ROFL, this is the best competition yet! And that count includes the Post St. Patrick's Day Competition... xD

• Like 2

Mafioso    68

One does not simply go into Tanzer! He is a snakebasket full of ash and poisonous fume. Not with an army of 10,000 could you do this!

• Like 4

Dan    1168

Wow, I cannot believe that no one has found this sector yet! :)

I'm raising the reward to 1,000,000gp!

• Like 4

Forum Blob    73

wth... brb blob's on the case.

I am betting that the sector normally has a creep on it and its icon would hide the tree perfectly but you killed it before taking the image grrr :P focusing on texture ... slowly developing a deep hatred for clouds.

Edited by Forum Blob
this is hard...
  • Like 6

Hyperion    560

I know what I am doing when I get home! Performing a task designed to slowly drive me insane..

• Like 4