• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Solerus

Elememtal Planes Reward System

Hello Flamefrost fanatics!!!, This is Solerus with information that would be essential to you in knowing how the Elemental Planes Reward System is set up. Well for starters, those who never been to the Elemental Planes, and do not know what it is.  It is an area in Flamefrost Legacy where you can go once you reached level 50. You can only gain access to this area by completing the Harbinger quest. The quest is given by an NPC in the hidden cave in the Wailing Souls area. All you need to do is kill the Harbinger of Apocalyse and his minions then return to the quest giver for access to the Elemental Planes. Upon completing the quest, you will earn xp and obtain an item from the npc which is called the planar shards. You will get 5 of them to use to gain access to "EP" (Elemental Planes). The portal that leads to "EP" is in the Eye of Naerath. This is a tower that is guarded by alot of spellcasters if you are a lowbie. If lv 50, you will not have an trouble with them bothering you. Once you gain access into the Elemental Planes, you will have 3 areas to choose from examples: Plane of Air, Plane of Water,and Plane of Fire. Plane of Air holds merchants that sell you gear and weapons for Power Shards that can only be obtained through fighting mobs in "EP". Power Shards are a form of currency that you earn from completing an onslaught of 10 waves of mobs that attack you continuously after  every wave. Surviving any wave completion has a reward of power shards that you will earn. The amount of the power shards is based on the level of mobs in the waves also the tiers of multiples of 10. The mobs in "EP" starts at the level 50 then goes up from there. You can choose to fight mobs that are level 1000, but  that will be based on your Planar travel skills that you have. The higher your Planar skills level the further you can go up the tiers in battle for a more rewarding currency earned in Power shards. The purpose of this post to gives you an idea of how  much power shards one could earn based on the level tiered battles per wave. I am going to show you how to calculate your power shards before time, so that you will know what direction to take to earn more of them. If you have a planar travel skill of 1, the level 1 skill will start you off at level 0 in the Elemental Planes which means the level of the mobs with be at level 50. In this area, you have lesser mobs and elite mobs. The elite mobs  will be a nose-bleeder fight because of their high hitpoints and defense that they have. The rewarding system for these guys are very good, but I am going to focus on the lesser mobs in this post because they are the easiest. Below I will chart a graph so you will know how to calculate the lesser mobs accordingly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

level                                      wave 1-8                                                                                          wave 9                                             wave 10 

0                                                1x                                                                                                 ??                                                        ??  

10                                              2x                                                                                                  ??                                                       ??                                  

20                                              3x                                                                                                  ??                                                        ??                      

30                                              4x                                                                                                  ??                                                       ??            

40                                              5x                                                                                                  ??                                                        ??                  

50                                              6x                                                                                                  ??                                                         ??                

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chart above  is an illustration of how the concept of the reward system is designed for lesser mobs in Elemental Planes.  The reason why I only did it to level 50 tier is because that tier level mobs will be lv 100.  What you do is take lv 50 and add it to the levels of Planar skill to  get your level of what  mobs you going to fight.  Lv 50 + 0 difficulty level = lv 50 lesser mobs.  Level 50 + level 1 difficulty = lv 51 mobs for battle. Now there are 10 waves of battles to go through. Waves 1 through 8 will need to be tallied up together for power shards.  For example, if i decide to go fight lv 65 mobs, the chart above gives you a clue for what you going to be dealing with in the reward system in "EP".  In order to fight lv 65 mobs, I need to do level difficulty lv 15. Level 50+15=  lv.65 mobs, and to get to this level of mobs I need to be on tier 10 lv range to be in the 60s.  The range is from lv 10- 19. On this tier the first 8 waves you will get 2 power shards per wave.  The chart above shows on this tier your earn 2x. Take that and multiply times 8 waves and you will get a total of 16 power shards earned in the process not counting  wave 9 and wave 10.  Wave 9-10 are factored in differently based on the level of difficulty chosen. Remember I mention the mobs are lv 65 that I want to fight.  Well 15 will be the number for wave 9-10 because of the difficulty level, so that means wave 9-10 will earn you an extra power shard because I chose the difficulty level 15 for  "EP'.  15+1=16 for wave 9 and wave 10.  Both of those wave total comes up to 16+16= 32 plus the total from wave 1-8 at 2x shards.  You total everything  together for the final figure on the rewards earned. Wave 1-8= 16 shards; Wave 9-10 = 32 shards. 16 + 32 = 48 shards from lv 15 difficulty chosen. This is how you calculate what you will get before a fight for the reward system in "EP". Basically, the difficulty level chosen add an extra power shard for wave 9 and 10, but wave 1 through 8 in tiers like 10, 20, 30 etc add and extra shard every 10th level. In the end total them up to perceive the shards earned. I hope this helps everyone.

- Solerus                   

Edited by Solerus
  • Like 5

Brilliant, Solerus!  This will be a big help going into EP for the first time.  Keep up the good work! 

Do Incantrix types have a starting advantage, then?  I ask because we start with the Planar Travel skill at the beginning of the game and have the chance to level it up with our amazingly awesome teleporting attacks, so by the time we are at EP level it is already a reasonably high level.

Also, I would assume that Fire Elemental Plane inhabitants would have a natural resistance to fire-based attacks.  Is that the case?

Edited by Hyperion
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Hyperion said:

Brilliant, Solerus!  This will be a big help going into EP for the first time.  Keep up the good work! 

Do Incantrix types have a starting advantage, then?  I ask because we start with the Planar Travel skill at the beginning of the game and have the chance to level it up with our amazingly awesome teleporting attacks, so by the time we are at EP level it is already a reasonably high level.

Also, I would assume that Fire Elemental Plane inhabitants would have a natural resistance to fire-based attacks.  Is that the case?

Both statements are correct!

Incantatrixes can serve as a gateway to a higher arena level though. Simply group with one, let an Incantatrix enter a "level 1000" arena that you normally wouldn't have access to, follow to the same place and join their battles. ;) 
This isn't a bug and has been intended to promote the popularity of Incantatrixes in player groups. :)

And well done to Solerus for writing such a detailed guide! Your efforts are greatly appreciated! ;) 

• Like 4

Well thanks for all the comments from everyone. I have been trying to figure out how the reward system works for the Lesser mobs in the Elemental Planes. Now I am working on the elites  and bosses calculations for the system. They are real nose-bleeders and hit like Mack trucks!!O.o  I will post that information as well once I get a chance to.;)

-Solerus

Edited by Solerus
  • Like 1

Sorry Solerus, but I think you'll have to review your shard rewards table.  Andvarri and I just defeated the first wave of a level 421 common imp in Embers (not Elite or Boss, just regular) and got 111 shards each for the wave.  A couple levels below that, we got anywhere from  40 to 80 per level.  Maybe there is some random generation of shards at higher levels?

• Like 2