• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Dan

Tailoring: Introduction

3) Tailoring (difficulty: easy)
Sub-skill: N/A

Skill allowing to create cloth armour (e.g. robes).

Similar to Blacksmithing and Leatherworking, Tailoring requires a blueprint, a charged State Capsule and a material.

There are 9 catalyst materials for tailoring (e.g. wool, silk), but all of these materials can be purchased in their final form from any clothing vendor.

Final items can be enchanted.

• Like 2

Hi!

State Capsules are obtained from the Enchanted Lakes (such as the one east of Elmethil Do'Naerath) and then charged in any magic laboratory (or an Enchanter shop) by disenchanting an existing item.

E.g. if you have a Junk sword you don't need, you can disenchant it and charge an empty state capsule. This will charge the state capsule with the "Junk" quality and allow creation of any Junk quality items.

All item creation crafts require the disenchanting skill to charge the state capsules currently, I'm afraid!

• Like 2

It is difficult to start indeed, but it gets better with practice (especially if you focus on a particular group of skills, as if you try to raise them all, the difficulty raises greatly).

I personally recommend creating a character focusing on crafting alone (ignoring the armour and weapon skills), as this way you will advance crafting levels a lot faster!
And after you craft something, you can transfer it to your combat-focused character via bank.

• Like 2

Good question!  Some crafts require you to purchase catalysts.  Right now these are: Tailoring (Jute, Wool, Silk, etc. from a Tailor); Woodworking (Woodworking Oil from an Alchemist); and Cooking (Cooking Oil from a Chef).  The catalyst price depends on the quality.  As a rule of thumb, Junk = Dirt Cheap (use for learning/leveling the skill), Uncommon and Above = Beaucoup Bucks (use for making stuff to actually use).  Wand ammo is also only currently available through the stores (hint, hint, Dan). 💫

• Like 2

with salvage, you can earn some crafting main items, those are not at all catalyst if I guess well.. would say, wood, metal or leather of what I have read around. but for clothing their are noone of those, only catalyser, so no need to salvage them.. I am right?

• Like 1

Salvaging isn't just used to provide catalysts for crafting, its primary purpose is to collect resources for your Settlement.  For example, taking apart a wooden shield will get you lumber which you can put into a building - but not a Carpentry blueprint.  The crafting materials are really just a bonus and you have to have a certain Salvage Skill level before you receive them.  If you want to practice Salvaging though and don't have a Settlement yet, feel free to stop by my Salvage Station.  I am located on Jade Island (go to Elmethil and head to the Southeast Quadrant, there is a free ferry that will take you).

• Like 2