• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Sign in to follow this  
PK_Phenom

Pots Hit player instead of Target

Just created a pot that's suppose to deal 1010 Acid damage and 1010 poison damage. Awesome sauce, i can take out bunch of mobs with this, i thought. Nope, instead i get a "action is still on cool down" when i click and drag to opponent. But if i use hotkey/hot bar, I end up blasting myself for 1.2k damage. Instant death. 

Unlike in cooking, alchemy's effects are pretty flexible and require you to build all the circumstances around their usage yourself: i.e. whether the potion is usable on yourself or enemies does not depend on the effect, but on the base mushroom used.

There are two types of mushrooms: regular ones (for creation of drinkable potions with zero effect range. Hovering over such potions on the action bar does not display any purple radius tiles) and the ones with a blue remark on their tooltip saying "Allows creation of throwable potions with offensive effects."

Mushrooms like that (e.g. Fly Agaric) each have a different radius and allow creating potions with variable range.
If you use an acid effect with a regular mushroom, you will have a drinkable potion that deals damage to yourself only.

As for the poison effect, if it *is* from a mushroom (not from an effect item), then it must be one of the low-quality bases that has a penalty, expecting you to apply some healing property or a positive buff as an extra effect to offset the damage dealt. :) 
If that is the case, I recommend finding a different base mushroom (and I'm guessing you'd want a throwable one :)).

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if that doesn't make sense!

I understand completely now. I just don't see how it would be useful (at least not yet). The balancing in Alchemy seems like it needs a lot of work. I mean to get to a tier 2 catalyst i need 200 herb. That's absurd. Then after that the tiers are unlocked pretty easily. Just saying for low levels herb/alchemy is really not worth it. Just don't see why damaging yourself is worth the crafting.

On top of thee uselessness of the effects of pots. Herb is far slower than the skills i am doing. I get almost double the exp from wood working than i do with herb and like 5x faster with alchemy.

The resource gathering experience formula is actually in my task list for review, so that's likely to change in the future; I'm sure the herbalism is going to get easier as well. :) 

Other than that, if I remember correctly, the poisoned mushroom provides a greater effect boost than the other alternatives of the same level or lower, so the point here is to try and obtain some healing effect to negate the poison and then a second effect which will be boosted by the mushroom power.

I don't think easier is what it really needs. I think it's just more practicality. To have to wait until 200 levels to get a new tier is kinda unheard off. If there was at least 2 levels between that that would be nice.

I don't disagree, really. :)

As I said, the whole thing will be reviewed once I finish a few other important updates. ;) 

Sorry to bump, and rant, but these mushrooms needs a good ole skull and bones for warning!

Mix this with being both excited and sleepy as adventurers sometimes are and, well, that first sip really enlightens you.

Didn't suffer it was too quick, was really busy looking at the wolves hp bar, wondering why they seemed highly resistant.

Shouts and curses were heard all the way to Tul'Zarran.

Thing is, by the time one comes by this pot you are likely eager to move on from the basic pot.

I happily made about 8 stacks before noticing there were a higher lv, better blue mushroom of like 10x power.

That was a waste of a thousand flowers, but if ~2900 was good, ~27000 was too good to be true, right?

And of course went to craft these new pots before going on testing the first one.

Funny thing, this larger pot is so potent one dose instakills your henchmen as well, despite being a few feet away.

Ofc growing resistant to it, i am going to actually use the 8 stacks, no sense in having them go to waste.

After all the acid does kill the wolves, it does the intended thing just fine ;)

(edit) p.s. shame on you guys i showed off the pots and you say cool and didn't warn, you know who you are lol

ahahah

Edited by Rag

On 08/01/2017 at 3:49 AM, Rag said:

Sorry to bump, and rant, but these mushrooms needs a good ole skull and bones for warning!

Ouch, that must have hurt!  I know I shouldn't laugh here, but.... too late. xD  If I was one of those who thought they looked nice, I apologize: I think I was attending a Dwarven Conference that day, and it left me a little short-witted.

The potion killing your henchmen is news to me, I thought only direct application could prove harmful to friendly bystanders.  Maybe too many jalapenos?  As far as skulls and crossbones go - I think the blue text is fairly eye-catching already, but maybe the signage could be lowered for those with height disabilities? And maybe a ramp up to the signpost would be helpful as well, or a pot of fairy dust.