• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Tanzer

Mass ability suggestion thread

I've gathered a good deal of suggestions from the active community.

General improvements: crowd control abilities all around, stuns, fears, knockbacks, freeze, confuse, charm.

Some type of barrier that players can erect to create new obstacles and change the battlefield. 

some type of evolution/transform, like a berserk state.

Varied forms of AOE ability, cones, rays, pillars (rays but wider? or top down plunging rays)

More abilities that allow escaping, teleporting, charges and the like.

equilibrium: convert health to mana or mana to health.

Wayfinder:

Accuracy aura/boosts

A tether, essentially use a grapple to bolt an enemy to the ground, acting as a leash reducing their movement to a radius around the anchor

Vampire arrows/life leech attack

Throwing daggers, using the same abilities as cross/bow but utilizing the melee weapon skill

Weapon coating, as a tie in for alchemy as more than just hurling bottles

evasion aura to allow supporting team mates

more varied types of traps (pitfall, shadow door trap to warp the enemy in a random direction, tether trap *ties in to the other skill suggestion*

Magically imbued arrows, different elements.. possibly non "physical" ie. not using the to hit formula and rather acting as a spell.

lower level aoe ability,current is level 22, vs theurge at 14 and vindicator at 4.

some type of caltrop, an area effect persisting ground effect to slow enemies down (80/90%)

vindicator: waiting on more feedback as very few people are playing them and even fewer are vocal

but basically, a lot of the general stuff applies here.. CC's, berserks/ more defense.. 

theurge:

Chain lightning, chain to other enemies but deal less damage per jump.

escapes/CC's 

some style of dominate that operates on a "will check",  chance to break the charm each round, but failing that, permanent charm.

• Like 3

These at least have already been considered / may inspire some more suggestions:

• Advanced Animal Handling System: the ability to tame and control wildlife, as your personal pets or combat companions.
  • Advanced Transportation: personal modes of transport (purchasable ships, carriages and mounts).
  • Polymorph spells: class-specific abilities that either allow to transform your enemies into various harmless creatures, or shapeshift yourself into a more powerful being of your choice.
  • Mind enchantments: charm your enemies as a spellcaster, controlling their actions or adding them into your group as enslaved henchmen, or inspire local NPCs as a non-magical class, in order to create a group of companions or followers.
  • Like 1

vindicator - trying to play him, and yeah - its hard. without aggroing mobs with moching throw spam they totally ignore me, even if i do bigger damage on than one mob, they just go around and past me, even tap on my shoulder goind by, whistle and move on to my TM. wish id see more of his skills, but im newbie and a little frustated with him as "should be a tank" - by his starting out stage.

wish i could see what he is capable, for example tutorial  where all his skills are open and temporarely working, so i get the idea of where im going to.

i would want to see a berserk version of him thou!

what i imagine - so he wouldnt be left bersrerking out there alone - make for example his "wounding strike" inflict upon enemy critical bleed, which a) does a stackable dot damage b) makes the subject more open to criticals from any source (from others ppl in a team, their summons etc), also stackable (because berserk musk keep swinging his weapon) c) in berserk mode, so he would't have to go with only this one skill, more of other original skills can now inflict critical bleed with some percent probability (because he always swings with all his might, no - more than his, a berserkers might:). and whats there more awesome to go berserk and make all the grass red from critically bleeding enemies? its when you drain so much blood from enemies, that they with a small chance (maybe proportionally higher with higher critical bleed stacks?) because of this bleeding can loose conciousnes (tehnically speaking - stuns, from the fast blood loss).

can't really think of any counterpart to vindicator berserking role. maybe a bastion type 2handed long range (2 range respectively being enabled on them) melee user (polearms and such). where he casts around him a heavy gravity dome, making him very slow (and more resistant to ranged attacks, because arrows just drop down at his feet even precisely aimed) but at the same tame enemy entering/leaving his dome loose balance (or have a chance to be knocked of feet). of course when you think about it "why anyone knowing this would want to enter it, or when even being in - would want to leave" - thats where his polearm comes in play - because he can push with a mighty trust them out by force, making some opening for a combo, cause he still can reach them after the push and being affected with the dome change. and once in a while he can gather his strenght and make a huge leap jump (because how else you could catch anyone when you are the slowest). this would be in my imagination something oposite of berserker - a very deffy play, but not meaning weak.

i thought about vindicator..

the biggest problem what i see in vindicator is - he is the most disfavored of the three classes.

while with wyfinders going main stat - high damage, mp & accuracy & dodge = win win situation

theurge  - main stat - high damage, high mp, and int for accuracy for magic skills = win win

while vindicator - main stat - high damage, hp, mp, but can miss a lot. so to play comfortly you actually need to look for better gear than the other 2 have, where there are 2 decent stats, not just one decent for main.

mixing stats - main stat + dexterity - better accuracy, but less damage and mp to cast skills, not mentioning that hp is lesser and you gain nothing else from dexterity (no evade like the others could) if you go heavy armor (which is the only plus of this class, but at this rate - it could be a minus too).

no win win situation, actually more like loose and loose. again - i dont know how he plays in end game, but thats what and how i see it now.

there are runes that boot up accuracy by 10% so it is easy to fix missing...so you will get inbalance all over again and have op class :D

On 3/13/2016 at 1:02 PM, Zvone said:

there are runes that boot up accuracy by 10% so it is easy to fix missing...so you will get inbalance all over again and have op class :D

yeah im aware of balancing need, you cant be very tough tank and with deadly damage - not fair. found a trainer and looked at skills and saw that there are really many to be a really hard unbreakable rock things and and some witch compensate misses. my point was - diving in the game with this class is more challenging than possibly with them others. 

still strugling with the aggro... have a decent armor where no mob wants to lay a hit(even if they move range ends next to me, they stay by my side not hitting, just look at the weakling in my team, i hate their current AI - sometimes even ignore taunting skill, not mentioning outdamaging them rarely gets their attention :(  )

didn't know about the runes. thanks for info!

3 hours ago, Nickotin said:

still strugling with the aggro... have a decent armor where no mob wants to lay a hit(even if they move range ends next to me, they stay by my side not hitting, just look at the weakling in my team, i hate their current AI - sometimes even ignore taunting skill, not mentioning outdamaging them rarely gets their attention :(  )

didn't know about the runes. thanks for info!

I'll make sure to review the way NPCs react to Vindicators and their abilities. :)
They are supposed to be difficult to control fully (after all, making them too dumb, i.e. focusing purely on the Vindicators, would be too easy :)), but not to an extent of being completely unpredictable and frustrating.

31 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'll make sure to review the way NPCs react to Vindicators and their abilities. :)
They are supposed to be difficult to control fully (after all, making them too dumb, i.e. focusing purely on the Vindicators, would be too easy :)), but not to an extent of being completely unpredictable and frustrating.

right now they are very predictable - they will never attack my vindicator, even if im in range and they are not . by now i have teamed with theurges - they will always go for them, like blind zombies :). except some time they got the blacksmith npc with them - then sometimes they split in groups which wanted to taste theurges and some went for blacksmith, but i was still invisible :) right now i feel like playinga ghost knight :D 

• Like 1

but yes, would be nice if i at least could sometimes get their attention with damage... when its zero response from a mob which only i damage and he doesnt care, feels off a bit.

Summon rocks.

Not meteors or volcanoes or anything like that. Just spawn a bunch of rocks at a location of the caster's choosing that will act like a physical barrier. Either temporary or permanent, or destructible.

24 minutes ago, Pywackt said:

Summon rocks.

Not meteors or volcanoes or anything like that. Just spawn a bunch of rocks at a location of the caster's choosing that will act like a physical barrier. Either temporary or permanent, or destructible.

I covered that in the very first section of the main post, but glad you agree :)

I don't disagree either, but dynamic objects aren't currently supported by the battlefields, so it's not a quick fix. :)
But I will look into that eventually, I promise. ;) 

• Like 1

In the vein of crowd control for casters, it would be interesting to see friendly NPCs given a mirage spell; essentially create another NPC with a medium amount of agro on it.  It would sit on the other side of the battlefield, attracting most/all enemies until one of them attacked it.  Personally, if we could someday get a 3D graphics artist, I'd like to see this spell visualised as a leprechaun dancing on a pot of gold and making rude gestures. :D