• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Sign in to follow this  
Thorin

Hammerforge Victory

Simply a historic moment.

Gatecrashers (2x levels 37, level 33, 22, 18, 16, 14) defeated by one level 11 in a Faction War. X)).

At last, someone else rules the realm! :)

victory.thumb.png.4f607329d8bd8b2adbe17c

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, AsyD-Rabbit said:

Was this due to the bug of no-one being able to defend or was it just that nobody was on?

That bug was fixed in a couple of hours after the first war, so that certainly wasn't it. :)

As for what really happened, I'll let the actual participants explain (I can only speculate :)).

Based on what you've explained about the ratings it seems that none of Totem Moth took part in it, so that's 47 Gatecrashers who must have been out looting and pillaging xD

1 minute ago, AsyD-Rabbit said:

Based on what you've explained about the ratings it seems that none of Totem Moth took part in it, so that's 47 Gatecrashers who must have been out looting and pillaging xD

No, the zero defeat rating simply indicates that no one from the guild was in the Gatecrasher boss battle (i.e. defending him). :)
I believe the Gatecrashers were simply not fast enough in slaying the WWT boss (that's where all the action took place from their end) thus allowing Thorin to defeat the Gatecrasher Admiral in the mean time.

Isn't that a balance issue then?

If this isn't due to the bug then it's not a fight I was involved in but if there were multiple, presumably high level GC involved trying to kill off one boss but a level 11 could take out their opponent first ...

That seems a bit iffy.

Where did he pull his levels of the Gatecrashers from? Just the top level list rather than anything that shows involvement?

5 minutes ago, AsyD-Rabbit said:

Where did he pull his levels of the Gatecrashers from? Just the top level list rather than anything that shows involvement?

Not sure why you're asking me that! :)
It may be worth talking to any of the sides who were online at that time.

But all faction bosses have exactly the same attributes and the same amount of defenders, so the conditions are equal for everyone.

I'm assuming that there was either a flaw in the Gatecrasher tactics or something brilliant in Thorin's. :)

The second war happened pretty much straight after the second, and I'm reasonably certain we have a high percentage of the GC in the guild.

I remember Saku and Z and myself being unable to access the battle whilst he was attacking our leader, but if this is more recent then I'm unsure of what happened.

I think he's referencing that instance, but just using the data from the newly uploaded page. Which is why we don't have a guild loss - no one could get in to take part.

2 minutes ago, AsyD-Rabbit said:

The second war happened pretty much straight after the second, and I'm reasonably certain we have a high percentage of the GC in the guild.

I remember Saku and Z and myself being unable to access the battle whilst he was attacking our leader, but if this is more recent then I'm unsure of what happened.

I think he's referencing that instance, but just using the data from the newly uploaded page. Which is why we don't have a guild loss - no one could get in to take part.

Ok, I honestly dislike guessing and gossiping, so I've checked the logs. :)

It looks to me that the sequence of events was as follows:
Cedangar attacked the White Wyrm boss, Thorin joined in on that battle (so the defensive joining definitely works, there is no bug here) and helped the boss defenders to slay Cedangar.
There were several other battles around that location with several other Gatecrashers (but none with the boss), who then joined in on another attempt to slay the White Wyrm Tribe after Cedangar's death.
At the same time the Silverclaw Druids were advancing into the Thulharmar's furnace (although the Hammerforge boss was never engaged. Not sure what happened there!)

Thorin attacked the Gatecrasher Admiral, while all of the Gatecrashers were either in the White Wyrm Village or outside of the city.
Some of the gatecrashers returned to Dragonspit port latter, but by that time the Admiral was slain.
All attempts to attack Thorin seem to take place after the faction war ended.

I can see that all 3 participating factions (Hammerforge Legion, Gatecrashers and Silverclaw Druids) were active and had someone fighting in the war, so I don't believe there was any foul play involved.

31 minutes ago, AsyD-Rabbit said:

Isn't that a balance issue then?

If this isn't due to the bug then it's not a fight I was involved in but if there were multiple, presumably high level GC involved trying to kill off one boss but a level 11 could take out their opponent first ...

That seems a bit iffy.

The levels were taken from "Who's Online"... your faction was there and they know it.
A level 11 has stolen your victory right from underneath your high-level noses. :P

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

Ok, I honestly dislike guessing and gossiping, so I've checked the logs. :)

It looks to me that the sequence of events was as follows:
Cedangar attacked the White Wyrm boss, Thorin joined in on that battle (so the defensive joining definitely works, there is no bug here) and helped the boss defenders to slay Cedangar.
There were several other battles around that location with several other Gatecrashers (but none with the boss), who then joined in on another attempt to slay the White Wyrm Tribe after Cedangar's death.
At the same time the Silverclaw Druids were advancing into the Thulharmar's furnace (although the Hammerforge boss was never engaged. Not sure what happened there!)

Thorin attacked the Gatecrasher Admiral, while all of the Gatecrashers were either in the White Wyrm Village or outside of the city.
Some of the gatecrashers returned to Dragonspit port latter, but by that time the Admiral was slain.
All attempts to attack Thorin seem to take place after the faction war ended.

I can see that all 3 participating factions (Hammerforge Legion, Gatecrashers and Silverclaw Druids) were active and had someone fighting in the war, so I don't believe there was any foul play involved.

Don't think there's much foul play - maybe some fowl play if us GCers are attacking en masse.

Was my name on there at all? - AsyDRabbit, Totem Moth, Thelodius are the most likely alts.

If so then the issue with the druids is they couldn't find the boss, and we saw the battle as in-progress but couldn't access it.

If this happened without me it was at a later date.

1 minute ago, Thorin said:

The levels were taken from "Who's Online"... your faction was there and they know it.
A level 11 has stolen your victory right from underneath your high-level noses. :P

If it's what / when I'm thinking of, yes we were, we just couldn't access the combat mode to kill you.

None of our guild at least took part in any fight with you, so there's either lag between your victory across all of the members who were there, a bug that stopped people accessing, or none of the guild bothered with you.

Asyd, I can see that you were in the original two wars on the release day (when the joining issue was still there), but I don't think your characters were spotted in the Dragonspit Port today between 20:00 - 20:20 (GMT +0), when the Gatecrasher boss was slain by Thorin.
It seems that Cedangar brought the most initiative into the war today (nicely fought, Cedangar! :)), but beyond that I cannot say what the others were doing; it's too time-consuming to process this sort of information. :)

I'm not trying to defend a particular side here, I just want to emphasize that there do not appear to be any issues with joining a visible on-going combat.
This is backed up by Thorin managing to defend a boss that was attacked by the Gatecrashers today (there was a full-scale PvPvE battle today with players on both sides inside the boss battle).

On a separate, but related subject, I have just found out that the neutral factions are unable to initiate new battles against the faction bosses (that is most likely what prevented the Silverclaw Druids from attacking Hammerforge Legion, since Silverclaws are neutral towards the Legion), so this will be fixed.
However, there does not appear to be any problem with joining a battle that's already started.

If any of the Gatecrashers experienced that today, please start a new thread in the Bug Reports forum and we'll look into it there (as this has turned into a massive off-topic). ;)

17 minutes ago, AsyD-Rabbit said:

Don't think there's much foul play - maybe some fowl play if us GCers are attacking en masse.

Was my name on there at all? - AsyDRabbit, Totem Moth, Thelodius are the most likely alts.

If so then the issue with the druids is they couldn't find the boss, and we saw the battle as in-progress but couldn't access it.

If this happened without me it was at a later date.

If it's what / when I'm thinking of, yes we were, we just couldn't access the combat mode to kill you.

None of our guild at least took part in any fight with you, so there's either lag between your victory across all of the members who were there, a bug that stopped people accessing, or none of the guild bothered with you.

Yeah sure. A bug prevented you from killing me, finding me, helping the gatecrasher boss, made you lose to a white wyrm boss, and the druids are to blame for not finding the Hammerforge boss.
And there is also a bug there, druids couldn't win, there are just so many bugs everywhere that the poor gatecrashers can't play.
It is amazing that I managed to achieve something if things are that bad!

Just win a war next time instead of finding excuses for losing this one, it's not like I'm playing a different bug-free game.
The entire dragonspit port was a free-for-all pvp zone this whole time and I was strolling around with no one even trying to stop me.
If your faction wasn't bothered with defending their capital, don't try to say that it's somehow my fault and the victory doesn't count.

Really, I am not impressed by your faction's inability to admit their first defeat.

54 minutes ago, AsyD-Rabbit said:

Couldn't find him!!!,and belive me I wandered about looking for ages!

(that is most likely what prevented the Silverclaw Druids from attacking Hammerforge Legion, since Silverclaws are neutral towards the Legion),no we are enemies,it even shows it on your faction map,we must team up asap,and see if we can figure out whats going on with my char :)

Edited by Bansidhe

37 minutes ago, Thorin said:

Yeah sure. A bug prevented you from killing me, finding me, helping the gatecrasher boss, made you lose to a white wyrm boss, and the druids are to blame for not finding the Hammerforge boss.
And there is also a bug there, druids couldn't win, there are just so many bugs everywhere that the poor gatecrashers can't play.
It is amazing that I managed to achieve something if things are that bad!

Just win a war next time instead of finding excuses for losing this one, it's not like I'm playing a different bug-free game.
The entire dragonspit port was a free-for-all pvp zone this whole time and I was strolling around with no one even trying to stop me.
If your faction wasn't bothered with defending their capital, don't try to say that it's somehow my fault and the victory doesn't count.

Really, I am not impressed by your faction's inability to admit their first defeat.

That long list reeks of hyperbole. 

And is actually only one bug. The inability to access a battle.

We found you easily enough. We could not access the fight so we could not kill you nor aid our faction leader.

The druids never found the boss to begin the battle as far as I know, so that's not bug related as such, unless the spawning of the boss is bugged.

We have won wars. Two of them. And have lost none. Go check that stats you're trying to crow about.

Where have I said it was your fault and that it didn't count? 
I even outright stated it was your victory a post or two ago ...

Really, I am not impressed by your inability to read and not be a douche.

12 hours ago, Thorin said:

Simply a historic moment.

Gatecrashers (2x levels 37, level 33, 22, 18, 16, 14) defeated by one level 11 in a Faction War. X)).

At last, someone else rules the realm! :)

victory.thumb.png.4f607329d8bd8b2adbe17c

Respect's to Thorin One Man Army :) you defended Wyrms from me while my guild clearly didn't know what they we're doing and instead they killed only 
The non-boss groups when I told them to help me out xD And Also Thorin that defeated our Admiral ---You Rock!!!--- I'll have to learn your tricks ^^

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AsyD-Rabbit said:

Really, I am not impressed by your inability to read and not be a douche.

Alright, time out guys (Asyd and Thorin). :)

If this can't be a civil argument, it won't be one at all (don't make me delete the thread).
If you want to continue fighting, please do so in private; do not provoke forum-wide conflicts. ;)

9 hours ago, Bansidhe said:

Couldn't find him!!!,and belive me I wandered about looking for ages!

(that is most likely what prevented the Silverclaw Druids from attacking Hammerforge Legion, since Silverclaws are neutral towards the Legion),no we are enemies,it even shows it on your faction map,we must team up asap,and see if we can figure out whats going on with my char :)

Sorry, you are right (I should have looked at my own Faction Relationship Map :))!
In this case, sorry to hear about your trouble!

I'll think about what can be done to help you.
I can list coordinates of all bosses as a last resort, but that seems like the most boring solution. :)
Perhaps I'll include faction bosses onto the new map that I'll be starting soon!

1 hour ago, Cedangar said:

Respect's to Thorin One Man Army :) you defended Wyrms from me while my guild clearly didn't know what they we're doing and instead they killed only 
The non-boss groups when I told them to help me out xD And Also Thorin that defeated our Admiral ---You Rock!!!--- I'll have to learn your tricks ^^

Cedangar, I am very happy to see such a mature and friendly response! ;)
I realize that right now most of the Gatecrashers seriously hate Hammerforge Legion, so I was afraid by the time I got to this thread today it would have had turned into a 5 page long flame war. :)
Thank you for keeping it cool!

• Like 1

what utter rubbish, i was in that fight with you, you were backed in a corner surrounded by mobs the gatecrasher commander was still alive when it declared you the winner, that war was bugged and you know it, so your original title should read at last a bug that made me win

I think this discussion really outlived itself. :) 
The war was a long time ago, Gatecrashers have been victorious in the other wars since, so I'm not even sure why this is still being discussed.

I did mention above that according to the server-side logs, the Gatecrasher commander was slain (the victory is awarded *only* when the faction boss's HP reaches 0%; it's physically impossible to bypass that piece of logic).

Nailz, your character was simply a victim of the synchronisation failure (the one because of which I'm rewriting the combat loading mechanics now, to avoid such disputes and problems in the future) and you did not see the actual killing of the commander, but it did happen (you really can't argue with the server logs :)).

P.S. However, I've made plenty of adjustments to the faction wars in the last couple of days, so it should not be possible to defeat a faction boss single-handedly anymore. Please correct me if I'm wrong though (and I will ask for evidence)! :)

Yup, this thread has turned into a mess indeed.

Time to lock it up, I'm afraid. :(