• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Sign in to follow this  
Phemia Silverstar

"Created by Phemia Silverstar" Part 1; or How to create your own armour/weapons

A little guide on how to create your own items.

There are 4 professions that you can choose from if you want to create armour/weapons of your own.

1. Carpentry (Bows, Staves, Wands)

• Optional Prerequisites: Woodworking***, Disenchanting**, Conjuration*

2. Tailoring (Clothes)

• Optional Prerequisites: Disenchanting**, Conjuration*

3. Leather Working (Light Armour, Light Shield)

• Optional Prerequisites: Disenchanting**, Conjuration*

4. Blacksmithing (Heavy/Medium Armour, Heavy/Medium Shields; Swords, Axes and other metal weapons)

• Optional Prerequisites: Mining***, Disenchanting**, Conjuration*

To create an item using any of the professions above you'd need:

• A Blueprint
    • can be looted from enemies
    • product of Disenchanting**
  • A State Capsule
    • Gem - obtained from enchanted lakes via Conjuration*
      • needs to be charged as part of the Disenchanting** (optional: for common, uncommon, rare, legendary items only)   
  • A Container
    • Carpentry: Treated Timber
      • Neem Seed Oil - can be found in any Alchemy shop
      • Wood - obtained from woodcutting camps via Woodworking***
    • Tailoring: Textile - can be found at any Clothing Merchant
    • Leather Working: Pelt -  can be looted from enemies (wolves/bears/etc)
    • Blacksmithing: Ingot
      • Charcoal - obtained from mines via Mining***
      • Ore(s) - obtained from mines via Mining***

* See "Created by Phemia Silverstar" Part 2
** See "Created by Phemia Silverstar" Part 3
*** Simple crafts, needs at least 1 skill point to start.

Edited by Phemia Silverstar
  • Like 1

I'd argue that alchemy is a fifth branch when it comes to crafting weapons as there are offensive potions, as well as defensive, which are options cooking also has.

And not to stamp on the fire you have burning here but ... is there a point to this beyond creating a thread with your name on it?

You'd likely be better off starting a wiki if you've an interest in aiding people with info already available.

2 minutes ago, AsyD-Rabbit said:

I'd argue that alchemy is a fifth branch when it comes to crafting weapons as there are offensive potions, as well as defensive, which are options cooking also has.

And not to stamp on the fire you have burning here but ... is there a point to this beyond creating a thread with your name on it?

You'd likely be better off starting a wiki if you've an interest in aiding people with info already available.

I didn't want to write about cooking and alchemy, because that's not really weapons nor armour... :)

I only created those topics because I keep repeating myself with that info. So I though I better write it down once and just give a link ;) And that's what forum is for, right? :) The section is even called "Guides"

Re: the name. It's kind of a pun ;) Because that's what is written on your item you created ;) 

20 minutes ago, AsyD-Rabbit said:

Hey, hey! Let's tone down the hostility a little bit. :)
Any guide or material written by players (be it on the forum, wiki or anywhere else) is greatly appreciated, as I do not have enough hours in the day to create all that myself, and any written piece of information that answers at least one new player's questions is welcome in my book. ;)

Please do not discourage a player who's volunteered to create a pretty accurate (and short) guide for something as complex as our crafting system. :)

More glib than hostile ...
 It's a rehash of an existing guide, and rather than segment it over a number of threads working it into a wiki would be more practical and accessible, for development and reference.

25 minutes ago, AsyD-Rabbit said:

It's a rehash of an existing guide, and rather than segment it over a number of threads working it into a wiki would be more practical and accessible, for development and reference.

If you don't find it useful or accessible - I'm not forcing you to read it. I wanted it to be split into 3 topics. You want it in any other way - you should have done it ;) 

I'm really happy that you were able to figure out the crafting system using an existing guide. Some people could't. They asked. I answered. Hence the topic. Now I can just give a link. Not explain it over and over again in chat...

I don't know about any wiki. I can't see it. I see the forum with the Guides section in it. I'm sure it's here for a reason.

Not sure how it's going to help with development too... It's already developed, as far as I can see. It's not a suggestion.

Edited by Phemia Silverstar

Ok, let's cut out the off-topic or I will have to lock the thread. :)
Each side has their own opinion and there is no point trying to convince the other one differently (and it's not going to look nice for this thread if this argument continues).

It's not an offence to create player-made guides, so if you don't find them useful - just ignore the thread. ;)

However, if anyone would like to contribute to the official Wiki (which is currently empty, hence the link isn't advertised anywhere), please PM me and I'll provide you with access.

• Like 1