• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Hyperion

Wanted: Roleplay

I've been wanting to get into some RP.  Anything from your average D&D to a full-on roleplay experience, where there are no dice whatsoever.  *Gasps of Horror*  An example set in the world of the Eragon books

Is anybody up for starting something here?  I am leaning toward what is shown in the above example.   Anybody could join, anything not plot-altering would be legal for story purposes; this seems like a great way to keep the spirit of the game going, and just maybe open it up to a new type of player.  My main reason for this, though, is that I miss you all!   So...

Who wants to go back to Naerath?

*Crosses fingers and hopes for more than crickets*

• Like 1

Love the idea! Wish I had a bit less development to do... * sigh *

I don't think the example link works though; seems to just redirect to "snow/"!

• Like 2

Ha-hm.  Another example of magic and technology not working, methinks.  Or perhaps user error.  The should go somewhere now.  :$

• Like 1

ME ! ME ! ME !

PICK ME !!!

Just say when Hyper...and check your email brother !

I am ready and willing to play an RPG.........whilst waiting for FFL relaunch which I hope is soon????

I can wait...albeit I am a suffering from FFL withdrawals as we speak xD but waiting................

Will be so good to play again...still thinking of doing a second mortgage on my house though :D

Miss everyone so much......I mean I miss the game bunches, but I miss my family here more !

Especially since I never got to do battle with you Hyper.....when relaunch happens...we should take over Hyper (just sayin' ;))

On 9/7/2018 at 6:50 AM, Dan said:

Love the idea! Wish I had a bit less development to do... * sigh *

I don't think the example link works though; seems to just redirect to "snow/"!

How have you been Nuggets Daddy? lol

Hope all is well with you and the family.

Also hope the "other" game is doing well ! lol

Wonderful!  I have the support of the two people I need, so let's get this started!  Here's a possible Rules list, on the off chance this actually becomes a thing.  @Dan if it passes muster, could you or @Tanzer add a new Forum folder?  I'm thinking one Roleplay Folder in the main FFL section with two subfolders for Character Applications and Stories.

Roleplay games exist to allow a freer way to interact with stories and others.  These rules are here to facilitate that and make it easier to make some good stories.  That being said, if you break one of these rules, expect there to be consequences.  If you're not sure about something, don't hesitate to contact a moderator.  We have mailboxes on the forum, feel free to use it!

1) Be respectful of others.  This means don't bully or belittle others; feel free to joke around or be sarcastinc, but don't let it get serious; no controlling others characters, what they say or do, or whether they get injured (You can write your arrow flies towards Hyperion's shoulder, but not puncturing Hyperion's shoulder, your arrow delivers a toxin that immediately cripples him, driving his knees into the ground.)

2)  Keep things family friendly.  That is how Flamefrost: Legacy has been, we intend to hold steady in that vein.  Dating and kissing are fine, but don't be explicit.  Swearing is somewhat discouraged, strong swearing is prohibited - this is a fictional world with a tremendous variety of cultures and an expansive religion.  Try to use that if you need invectives!

3)  New characters must be submitted in the Character Applications section, and must be approved before you can roleplay with them.   Approvals are pretty loose, but no roleplaying gods (if you want one in your story, contact a moderator; eventually this may change, but for now them's the breaks) and make sure your character fits in the world of Fyr (orcs are fine, wookies with laser guns not so much).  Again, if you're not sure, contact a mod.  If your character doesn't get approved, we'll let you know why so you can rewrite and apply again.

4)  Keep things on Naerath.  Any major canon advancements are only to be made with the permission of the moderators; normally, this will have to go past Dan as well.  By canon advancements, I mean situations like... creating a whole new city;  an alliance between the Fatekeepers and Desecrated Circle; a major orcish assault on Nhar-Tejjan.  I think you get the idea. ;)

5)  As a rule of thumb, don't double-post.  Posts are fully editable if you need to add information, and if you need to append something out of character it is best to put it at the beginning or end of your post, with some sort of warning.  For example:  "OOC:  I want my character to start learning magic in this thread, can somebody with a character that could apprentice them come in?"

Additional rules will be added here as it becomes necessary.  For now... enjoy!!

And some general character creation guidelines.  If you could add some info on relative lifespans for the major races, and a little blurb on Tul'Rahxian temperament, it would be much appreciated.

What you need for a Character Application...

Name

Race

Appearance  (hair, face, clothes, distinguishing marks, etc.)

Allegiance (If they belong to one of the factions, or are a devoted follower of one of the gods, here is where to mention it)

Personality

Weapons and Magical Abilities, if any

Other Info

Backstory (At least 10 sentences)

Roleplay Example  (At least 10 sentences)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hyperion said:

Wonderful!  I have the support of the two people I need, so let's get this started!  Here's a possible Rules list, on the off chance this actually becomes a thing.  @Dan if it passes muster, could you or @Tanzer add a new Forum folder?  I'm thinking one Roleplay Folder in the main FFL section with two subfolders for Character Applications and Stories.

Sounds good, let's give this a go! ;)
Forum created:
https://community.flamefrost.com/index.php?/forum/33-roleplay/

6 hours ago, Hyperion said:

And some general character creation guidelines.  If you could add some info on relative lifespans for the major races, and a little blurb on Tul'Rahxian temperament, it would be much appreciated.

I've always been a huge fan of D&D, so when the Flamefrost's universe was created I did not see any reason for saying "and our elves are going to live twice longer!!", so age-wise we stick to the classic standards: roughly 750-1000 years for elves, half that amount for dwarves, Tul'Rahx metabolism keeps them alive slightly longer than Humans, but very few warriors actually live to the age of 100.

Temperament-wise Tul'Rahx are closer to dwarves than the other races, but are a bit less "explosive" (and way less sarcastic). In fact, an average Tul'Rahx may appear initially as quiet and a bit "unsociable"/reserved, but their "thoughtful" appearance does not necessarily indicate that they will be considerate or polite to the other speaker. Most of the time Tul'Rahx is simply trying to find a way to express their thoughts in the most concise, direct and straightforward way possible (so they're not too skilled at the art of bluffing and seldom perform well as diplomats: wordsmiths are rare among this race).
Tul'Rahx don't let any negative comments slide (whether these are about their appearance, culture, heritage or anything else) and feel an obligation to defend their honour at any cost, which usually results in violent acts or use of destructive magic (aimed at teaching the offending party a lesson via means of pain; Tul'Rahx don't actually kill everyone who offends them on the spot).

Of course, there are always exceptions in any race (Drizzt ;)), so this doesn't mean that all Tul'Rahx are the same.

I hope that helps, but please let me know if you have any further questions! ;)

On 08/09/2018 at 7:48 PM, Weyah said:

How have you been Nuggets Daddy? lol

Hope all is well with you and the family.

Also hope the "other" game is doing well ! lol

All is relatively well, thank you!
Too much work, too little time, as usual... * sigh *
Really happy to see you all around the forum though and hope that the Roleplay idea takes off! :)

• Like 1

Wow, thanks!  I'm glad to hear things are going (relatively) well for your family. 

The info on Tul'Rahx is really good.  I had always assumed them to be a bit more "Ben Kenobi"-ish; why, I don't know.  This makes far more sense and will be fun to RP.  I'll fill those new forum locations out a bit when I get to a computer. :D

• Like 1