Sign in to follow this  
Hyperion

Settlement Food and Water Issues

I have recently obtained a recurring shortage of food and water in Hyperion's Phengite Settlement, and of Water in the Jade Island Settlement.  The numbers show me as producing a surplus, but every time I log on, the warehouses are empty.  I only have stone fountains, so the time taken to produce should not be an issue.  Could someone take a look and see what I am missing?

• Like 1

In your Phengite Settlement, you had 2 gardens, level 6 with 6 settlers each (total of 12 food producers). In your Jade Island, you had 3 gardens, level 6 with 6 settlers and 1 farm that had 1 settlers (total of 19 food producers).

In my corresponding settlements:

Phengite has 6 gardens (level 6) with 6 settlers each and 4 farms (level 3) with a total of 16 settlers. Food production is +740

Jade Island has 1 level 9 garden and 2 level 8 gardens (25 settlers) along with 5 level 2 gardens with a total of 15 settlers. Food production is 1470.

I suspect you do not have enough settlers producing food. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

Andvarri, thanks for taking the time to give it a look!  I just did a quick headcount,and was able to find twenty settlers staffed at gardens in my Phengite settlement, which means  I should have +1200.  Jade Island doesn't have a food issue, only a water issue, so unfortunately the farms aren't a problem there. The wierd thing is that it just happened when I got back from my hiatus; before that, all the settlements were functioning normally, and I haven't changed anything since then.

• Like 1

There is the possible explanation that some of your settlers waited to audience with you during your hiatus, became angry and left. Then your reputation attracted more and restaffed your settlement. It is just a speculation though. The Dragon Man may need a look see here. 

• Like 1

On 12/05/2018 at 9:19 PM, Cajunfried2016 said:

There is the possible explanation that some of your settlers waited to audience with you during your hiatus, became angry and left. Then your reputation attracted more and restaffed your settlement. It is just a speculation though. The Dragon Man may need a look see here. 

I don't think that is likely, for a couple reasons. One is that my settlers were all still staffed (nobody was unassigned), and as I understand it, audiences aren't triggered until you log on with the character in question.  The game then works back to see what should have been produced and now isn't, since that person is currently sitting on a cushy seat in an air-conditioned Justice Hall.

Thankfully, this isn't terribly important - I've lost nobody so far, and my other settlements produce plenty to keep Phengite afloat.

• Like 1

Issue Closed - the problem fixed itself.  Food fixed itself first, after a couple weeks, then the water upkeep righted itself this week.  The only actions I took (if anyone is looking to this thread with a similar problem) were occasionally transferring water and food from other settlements.  This probably wasn't necessary, as none of my  settlers left regardless of how much was in my reservoir.

• Like 1

Problems like this always show up with the finger wigglers...me sisters have this issue. Ima thinkin its all the random and loose magic hanging about...makes things squirrelie!

• Haha 1