• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Sign in to follow this  
Mafioso

Henchmen/Women vs Settler help

Has anyone used a settler as a henchman/woman and do they operate better than the hirables? Also, do they want a cut of the gold?

• Like 1

they should for all intents and purposes serve the same functions. they are just easier to level up 1 of each kind. the smith, teleporter, and cook are unique to their standard hiring locations though.. 

• Like 1

I have questions about this, too. Hunter, scout, sociopath, cleric, etc. Who should you take with you? Does it matter if they respect you or hate you? Will clerics serve to heal you and not fight?

• Like 1

On 17/04/2018 at 6:26 AM, dizzyg said:

I have questions about this, too. Hunter, scout, sociopath, cleric, etc. Who should you take with you? Does it matter if they respect you or hate you? Will clerics serve to heal you and not fight?

Well, anyone who hates you will not travel with you; you have to have a positive relationship to travel together in the first place. :)

In general, settlers are supposed to be a slightly more powerful version of each henchman. They do not take any of your gold and are completely "free" as companions, but unlike regular henchmen they do not revive and re-appear in your group automatically upon death.
Once your settler is slain their body is returned to their original village where you have to use one of your temples to bring them back to life.

As for whom to take with you... it's a matter of taste, really! :) Each character has their own "build" and different abilities; clerics do heal, nobles may have a set of more "defensive" abilities, sociopaths are a bit more "explosive" and so on and so forth.
I say try them all out! ;)

• Like 3

I wish to add to Dan's information: Dwarven and Tul settlers, if used as henchmen (or hench-women) can be more "explosive" than humans and elves, if you catch my drift. Just stay upwind of them and you will be alright. And remember the Copper Rule of Naerath, don't drink, fish or wash clothes in any body of water that a Tul or Dwarf has bathed in.

• Haha 2

I am using a fighter from my village, decked out with pretty good gear though not what a player would wear. She kicks ass pretty good on her own. She hasn't died yet if GF, which is way better than Kerthamon the Smith with the exact same gear.

• Like 2