Sign in to follow this  
Spawn

Water

I am calling BS. I have spent the entire day making potions to build up the water supply in mytowns just so they can be used up in a matter of a couple of hours. I am in the green. If anything the water should be increasing without me having to do this. In one town alone I am a +110 but yet I have to keep pouring potions into the town so I don't lose people. I call BS. Why do I need wells if I don't get water from them.

Potions are not a steady water supply. Settlers require 'x' amount of water per 8 hours. In order to match the water needed to supply your settlers, you would need a constant stream of potions. I have 7 settlements and in each situation, I have always had an excessive amount of water/wells to settlers ratio.

If I understand your post, you are trying to solve your water shortage by not building wells. If you need stone, let me know who you are in game. I will send you some stone.

If I recall, and the accuracy of my recaller is the question mark, a stone well produces 40 units of water every 8 hours or maybe a day while 1 settler consumes 10 per 8 hours (or day)...but my point is, why would anyone try and supply water by use of alchemy? Especially early on if you are level 25? I mean to say, your alchemy skill must needs be in the 350-400 range to supply enough water through that convoluted process...and the time it would take...so I am calling BS on your BS call.

You are complaining about something that follows this poor analogy: I put square wheels on my wagon instead of round wheels. The wagon still moves but requires so much more effort. I call BS on all wagons...

2 hours ago, Mafioso said:

If I recall, and the accuracy of my recaller is the question mark, a stone well produces 40 units of water every 8 hours or maybe a day while 1 settler consumes 10 per 8 hours (or day)...but my point is, why would anyone try and supply water by use of alchemy? Especially early on if you are level 25? I mean to say, your alchemy skill must needs be in the 350-400 range to supply enough water through that convoluted process...and the time it would take...so I am calling BS on your BS call.

You are complaining about something that follows this poor analogy: I put square wheels on my wagon instead of round wheels. The wagon still moves but requires so much more effort. I call BS on all wagons...

Wooden wells (level 1 for all examples) have an 8 or 4  hour resource gather time (rgt)

Stone wells have a rgt of 2 hours.

Fountains have a rgt of 1 hour

Once you can make fountains.. Make it and upgrade it (for half cost) to level 2 to double its value.. A few of these will be the cheapesr way to supply water..

I have over 100 settlers (gathered before the 100 unit cap was put in place) and with 4ish maxed fountains and a few wells I have a massive surplus

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tanzer has hit the nail on the head - while a settler takes 10 water per hour, a well produces at different time ranges.  The resource box up top only shows what your total collection is minus whatever is being used, not how much surplus or defecit you actually end up with.  Typically, your settlers will be happy with this average number (meaning it won't affect your overall happiness score), but will still leave if you actually have no food or water to feed them.  Dan has posted much more coherently on this before:

On 7/21/2016 at 10:16 AM, samehdi said:

I am currently at +180 water and still salvaging potions every few hours. SERIOUSLY, I have a level 4 fountain and a level 2 fountain, and a load of wells, some improved stone. I am thinking cycle time which is a multiplier, is the dominant variable in a system of additional maths.