Sign in to follow this  
Cajunfried2016

Material Escape Quest

Mr. Dragon, as Andvarri, I assisted Luke Atmey in completing the Material Escape Quest so we could go to the elemental planes. After we defeated the boss and he visited the quest giver and received his shards, Luke was unable to teleport to the planes. He got a message saying he had not completed the quest. He conducted a hard refresh and still no resolution. Are we missing something?

• Like 1

It's possible this is a misnomer message - from experience, I can say the first thing one has to do after getting the quest is visiting the Air Plane, after that the others should be opened. 

• Like 2

On 01/01/2018 at 11:32 AM, Hyperion said:

It's possible this is a misnomer message - from experience, I can say the first thing one has to do after getting the quest is visiting the Air Plane, after that the others should be opened. 

That is accurate, the Plane of Air is indeed the first to be visited, otherwise the lack of Planar Travel skill can cause issues!

I apologize for a delay in response though, has Luke still been unable to access any of the planes?
If not, can you please find out the exact message he's seeing (as there are different errors for different scenarios)?

• Like 1

Happy New Year, Dan!

Luke has gotten in now, thanks for checking in.  Just a matter of booking the right flight. ;) 

• Like 1

Just a note to our new level 50's, you can do the Material Escape Quest over and over (you will need to as you only get 5 travel stones per completion). Unless you are a Sun Elf, in which case you get 10 per completion!

• Like 1

can we reopen this case? xD

i've had my suspicion yesterday and it turns out to be true.

i tried the quest solo the other day, but failed miserably. so i logged out. the next day, i asked help from @Cajunfried2016 to finish the boss, and to my surprise, the quest was logged as complete.

few hours back, i tried it again, still fail the battle vs Harbinger, but the quest can be turned in. (i like this bug, lol)

It is an interesting bug for sure as I have encountered that maybe once before but it was awhile back. As to the cause, I will have to defer the question to Mister Dragon. If you wish, I can ask him not to fix it :)

• Like 1