• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Sign in to follow this  
Tanzer

New skill

Tired of farming bosses and level 3 chests for legendaries, just to have them be devoid of stats for you to disenchant?

Me too! 

So my suggestiin is for a new skill that will bring some more excitement to crafting.

Basically you would need a property container. Stacks of charged state capsules of different rarities. And based on your skill level, channeling eneegy would randomly consume your charged stste capsules, and fill a property container.

Higher skill = higher chance of higher rarity, rarity dictating the attribute range. 

Using level 50 as an example.  Uncommon results would give something in the range of 60-90

Rare would yield 75-105

Legendary would yield 90-120

A number of state capsules would be consumed based on the rarity triggered for the gathering.  6 legendary, 3 rare, 2 uncommon, 1 common, and junk would no consume any, thus preventing a forced overflow of "well there are no other containers so the result must be legendary since they do have those"

A secondary part of this skill, as suggested by Andvarri (sp*), will be to combine a number of property containers of the same property, for an upgraded version (i think 80-90% of the total value would work)

This would cause the combined gem to become "locked" preventing it from being subjected to the combination again, preventing an infinite loop.

Also rendering any item enchanted with them to destroy the property on disenchanting, preventing placing the enhanced value in a "fresh" gem for combination. (Unless it is possible to track the property through the item and lock the new gem after disenchantment)

• Like 1

As fun as raw magic goes, it should be treated with care! Senior Incantatrixes spent ages refining and harnessing the magic, they'll surely frown, but fear not, magic always find a way.

A suggestion to go along, is to do this with the gem: it get's obscured and you don't know what's in it.

It becomes a property gem containing wild magic and labeled as such.

The following hidden text you can skip since it's a different take.

Here's more on this, but it's a separate idea that add to this, since at first look the cost seems low.

This on the basis that you get good stuff for your otherwise useless parts, even the purples.

Thematically, you pour the raw magic into the gem, thus get a highly concentrated power.

As such you don't just get a "random item" right away, you get a material of actual value to play with.

It'd become a fun commodity you can trade for the chance it turns up into a good bonus.

After all, no one wants your junk but the byproducts can be fairly usable.

This gem may be labeled "wild", but said label is merely hiding an actual skill and bonus value.

You just don't know what it is, unless you go and meddle some more with it.

You can do various things, because obviously getting a random item is too simple.

One is to use it to store a new mashup on it, because it has more chance to grow than be botched.

Do this a few times and improve the chance of getting a larger bonus on par to purples.

Secondly, you can use it to disenchant an item, and there's a fair chance it picks up that skill.

Again, you'll need to do it a few times to be sure, because you don't know what's inside.

And the rather obvious thing to do is to use it to enchant an item.

As far as wild magic go, the dev can make it do other things.

I can go loose and apply more than one random bonus, or it may explode, or gain a hidden power, etc.

It may even leave a portion of itself behind, a new smaller wild gem.

The dev can go simple or crazy here, it can be just hiding an actual gem or made to trigger such special results.

Furthermore, you can't get rid of this item except by trading, it takes over someone's inventory space until used.

If you drop this item to the ground it should become a monster that shows up in your fights!

Edited by Rag
  • Like 1

I can barely understand what you are trying to convey in this Rag, but randomizing, and hiding stats is never, literally.. EVER a good move.. especially in a system where you have to consume materials to put it into use, just to then lose that investment on finding out that the item is completely and utterly useless to you..

True since you want a ready gem, it just looks the cost is too low, so yes, it'd be acceptable to lose some mats.

Opinions may vary ofc. The end result is still the same, you get some random bonus on an item.

By the way, can you add some spoiler tags to this forum?

It's something common in forums, with these i can hide extra text and wont clutter the main point in a post.

41 minutes ago, Rag said:

True since you want a ready gem, it just looks the cost is too low, so yes, it'd be acceptable to lose some mats.

Opinions may vary ofc. The end result is still the same, you get some random bonus on an item.

By the way, can you add some spoiler tags to this forum?

It's something common in forums, with these i can hide extra text and wont clutter the main point in a post.

the cost is fairly significant considering it requires CHARGED state capsules, meaning giving up 6 legendaries to create a single random legendary quality stat/skill bonus.

also spoiler tags exist already 

HIDE STUFF IN HERE

but I'm not sure if it works properly with our forums

[spoiler] HIDE STUFF IN HERE [/spoiler]

• Thanks 1

I like this idea!  Did you intend to use it solely for attribute generation, or could charged enchantment capsules give a random enchantment, as well?

Requiring a large number of specifically legendary boosts seems a bit redundant.  The main qualifier for whether or not you can get the boost is your skill level.  Using legendary quality gems to further limit it would only serve to make it virtually useless for lower level characters, as you have to have an immense amount of conjuration to get rare and legendary gems in the first place.  Besides which, with level 3 chests giving an average of 4 items per drop, the difficulty of collecting legendary items for disenchantment is far less than what it used to be.  I remember boss-hunting for half an hour just to find a couple legendary items, and now I only need to spend a minute of running and clicking to get at least two guaranteed drops.   I would rather see this as a way of repurposing the large amounts of common and uncommon gems that get stockpiled while practicing enchanting.  Drop the dependency on a certain quality, and make the outcome dependent on the number of identical charged gems supplied and your skill level.  If this is adopted, I would tend to agree with Rag that the amount of gems consumed should be upped a little - maybe Common(1), Uncommon(4), Rare(8), Legendary(16).  Possibly the outcome could be determined by adding a gear instead of being randomized.  This way, you could give up a legendary item and x amount of charged gems to specifically try to get a legendary outcome, but the chance of success is still dependent on your skill.  If you fail, you get nothing instead of a lower level boost. 

Regarding Andvarri's suggestion - I like it, but I think the outcome should be leveled up once the attribute raises above a certain level, in the same manner as recrafting gear.  Otherwise, the potential to enchant all your gear with these upgraded boosts that were culled from the best attributes already available sounds overpowered.

35 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

I like this idea!  Did you intend to use it solely for attribute generation, or could charged enchantment capsules give a random enchantment, as well?

Requiring a large number of specifically legendary boosts seems a bit redundant.  The main qualifier for whether or not you can get the boost is your skill level.  Using legendary quality gems to further limit it would only serve to make it virtually useless for lower level characters, as you have to have an immense amount of conjuration to get rare and legendary gems in the first place.  Besides which, with level 3 chests giving an average of 4 items per drop, the difficulty of collecting legendary items for disenchantment is far less than what it used to be.  I remember boss-hunting for half an hour just to find a couple legendary items, and now I only need to spend a minute of running and clicking to get at least two guaranteed drops.   I would rather see this as a way of repurposing the large amounts of common and uncommon gems that get stockpiled while practicing enchanting.  Drop the dependency on a certain quality, and make the outcome dependent on the number of identical charged gems supplied and your skill level.  If this is adopted, I would tend to agree with Rag that the amount of gems consumed should be upped a little - maybe Common(1), Uncommon(4), Rare(8), Legendary(16).  Possibly the outcome could be determined by adding a gear instead of being randomized.  This way, you could give up a legendary item and x amount of charged gems to specifically try to get a legendary outcome, but the chance of success is still dependent on your skill.  If you fail, you get nothing instead of a lower level boost. 

Regarding Andvarri's suggestion - I like it, but I think the outcome should be leveled up once the attribute raises above a certain level, in the same manner as recrafting gear.  Otherwise, the potential to enchant all your gear with these upgraded boosts that were culled from the best attributes already available sounds overpowered.

the purpose of this skill would not be for low level characters, it is intended for established crafters looking to further their potential. and provide extended service to other higher levels. BUT!, it still does offer lower level participants a benefit, in that they will be able to potentially gain higher powered gear, if they commit the time and effort. or pay for the service..

requiring charged state capsules removed them from circulation, and generates a NEED to continue farming legendary drops. 

the combination suggested is meant to further the potential of players to excel past level 80, and higher elemental plane levels, both solo and in groups, while opening up the potential of performing the elite and boss fights in EP. as currently, even a well coordinated perfectly geared team of level 80's would take HOURS of combat to do a single complete 10 wave boss encounter in the planes, against level 50's. 

this skill is meant to mimic conjuration, and be its direct dependent, coupled with disenchanting. you "channel" (gather) using charged state capsules (filled from disenchanting), to gain filled property containers. the sacrifice of gear is already included in the design.

• Like 1