• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!

As the community gets bigger, we should encourage trade and services, especially for such a gear/craft-driven game, to increase community involvement for players. I think that the more we push the 'community / trade' envelope, the more likely newer players will stick around as it's easier to get help and what they need at fair prices.

The forum would rely heavily on proper tagging to work well. I haven't experimented with searching via tags much, if it even exists here, but it would be something we'd want eventually to make this type of forum work well. In the case of Flamefrost itself, I think it'd be beneficial to have several subforums for various things players can 'trade' with each other. The main forum would probably house the generic 'WTB/WTS/WTT' posts. You'd probably have a subforum where people can post specific 'services' they might be offering. That would revolve mostly around crafting-type services, though I could see a small niche for walking lowbie toons through EX mode so they can get chests and stuff.

I'm not sure how into this idea the rest of you might be, but I was also thinking a sort of 'Shop' subforum. Shop Posts are posts that each player gets exactly one of, and can describe what kinds of things they are regularly selling. You can be as vague or specific as you want, as long as it makes sense and isn't scammy in nature. The 'Shop' subforum would be a place for these kinds of posts. This is different from simple 'wanna trade' posts, since it lives and changes over a long period of time, whereas trade posts are just trading one or a few specific items for gold or something else.

Regardless of whether or not we do subforums or anything like that, we at least need a singular place that is specifically for trading on a general scale, even if it's just one giant forum where everything gets stuffed.

Thoughts and ideas are welcome :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Norion said:

NHARMART.

NHARMART.

BWAH HA HAHAHAHAHA......excellent ! 

Ok back to the idea. *still giggles*

It could work actually......a crafting trade thread...I like it !

Gear, weapons, food, arrows, etc........it would get new players more involved in forums and each other !

We just need to make sure prices are fair and quality of goods is maintained ! 

However.......the crafters need to make sure it is what the player wants and there should be some sort of arrangement between crafters and buyers though.

If there is a downpayment (which there should be in all fairness) towards a crafted item.....there needs to be a refund option if the crafted item is not what the buyer wanted....make sense? 

Which goes back to quality crafted items.

The crafter needs to make sure, especially in the case of gear and weapons, that the buyer can actually wear it.....so you need to be extra careful crafting items.

Ie.....making armor that has too high a dex rating.... etc..... and the buyer can not equip it.

May seem trivial, but it is important.

Understand? 

1 hour ago, Weyah said:

BWAH HA HAHAHAHAHA......excellent ! 

Ok back to the idea. *still giggles*

It could work actually......a crafting trade thread...I like it !

Gear, weapons, food, arrows, etc........it would get new players more involved in forums and each other !

We just need to make sure prices are fair and quality of goods is maintained ! 

However.......the crafters need to make sure it is what the player wants and there should be some sort of arrangement between crafters and buyers though.

If there is a downpayment (which there should be in all fairness) towards a crafted item.....there needs to be a refund option if the crafted item is not what the buyer wanted....make sense? 

Which goes back to quality crafted items.

The crafter needs to make sure, especially in the case of gear and weapons, that the buyer can actually wear it.....so you need to be extra careful crafting items.

Ie.....making armor that has too high a dex rating.... etc..... and the buyer can not equip it.

May seem trivial, but it is important.

Understand? 

Yeah, a majority of that is best practice when buying / selling / trading / crafting with and for players. It's not trivial at all, I assure you.

We should probably have some stickies upon making the forum. One for the direct rules of the forum, like how to post what you're buying / selling, formatting guidelines, and other stuff like that - strictly 'in-forum' things. Another sticky for tips, tricks and suggestions to making good trades / avoiding getting scammed - the 'ingame' part of it all. (i.e. your down payment / refund ideas, and we could probably come up with other stuff, too.) Beyond that, it's up to the players to safeguard themselves.

BUT, to help the community remain clean as possible, we could even do a third as a sort of 'reported scammers' list, wherein if a player can prove beyond reasonable doubt that someone scammed them, the scammer gets their name added to the list with a description of the offense, and when the offense occurred. Scammers would probably be banned from advertising goods and services on the trade forum for a set (likely lengthy) amount of time (so they can't scam more people), and people in general will just distrust them. Consequences. Think of it as a sort of 'community police record' that anyone can view, at any time. This way, admins don't have to dish out 'hard' punishment, BUT the scammers will feel the weight of their mistakes as the community slowly turns against them. This makes the game even more community driven. We could even credit the people that reported the scammers (WITH PROOF) if they are willing, and give them a reward or something to compensate their loss. I'd even pitch into that.

A lot of what you just said can probably be added to the 'tips' sticky. I've played a TON of MMOs, half of them with me focused on trading / being rich, and I'd be willing to offer what I know for that, as well.

This sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

I approve of this concept!

I'm currently travelling until Monday, so it's hard for me to adjust anything on the forum, but once I'm back at my computer I'll definitely look into adding something like that. ;)

By the way, yes, tags do work and that is primarily how our search feature functions, so we could utilize those!