• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Sign in to follow this  
Norion

Belated Introduction

Uh, yeah. As the topic suggests, this is a bit late, but...

I am 24, have a daughter, and like to play games as a stress reliever / hobby. Been gamin' since I was 2, so I won't be stopping anytime in the near future. Funny thing, I actually came over from playing mostly FPS / Triple A RPG games, so I didn't expect a browser game to capture me so effectively. Well played, Dan.

Oh, and my IRL name is Zach. On the side I write stories as a hobby, and informational articles as a small income job. That's about as interesting as it gets.

I've been playing for about a week(?), but have already come to be extremely familiar and in love with the crafting system. So if you need help, just ask! I also do lots of Exploration Mode runs, so if you're near my level and in need of specific skill bonuses, let me know with an ingame mail and I might send something your way. (You can check my level by pressing 'O' ingame, and typing my name into the box at the bottom.)

Shout out to the arrow people for being so cool and helpful.

Down with the Druids.

Hope to see you ingame :)

• Like 3

Welcome to Naerath Norion, we are glad to have you!!  I think we have all been through the same browser-game shock, Flamefrost is a superb example of what could be done with courageous scripting, but too often isn't. :( 

It is refreshing to see someone so interested in the crafting aspect, for most players crafting is just a minor tool to make them better wack-and-bashers.  I think you will doubly appreciate crafting for Vindicators - armour and weaponry both come from blacksmithing, which is both more effective and more convenient in terms of space.  It is also good to see new players enjoying the game enough to stick around.  There is so much variety in here, yet most players don't even enter an exploration mode before leaving. :|

On 7/14/2017 at 3:49 PM, Norion said:

Down with the Druids.

And... No.  Down with the oppressive regime of the Fatekeepers' bent theocracy!

• Like 2

Probably one of the best browser-based games I've ever played. It's just great, haha.

The crafting system is definitely a tool to help you smack things around, but it can also do some other cool stuff, like enable 100% salvages on purples within a day of starting to salvage :D or allow me to craft for anyone, and with anything!

All in all, enjoying myself so far.

5 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

And... No.  Down with the oppressive regime of the Fatekeepers' bent theocracy!

Yeah, these XP bonuses are pretty nice.

• Like 2

Thank you for your positive feedback, Norion! * wipes tears of joy *
I'm really glad to hear that you are enjoying Flamefrost so much! :)

Welcome on board, it's awesome to have to you with us! ;) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Thank you for your positive feedback, Norion! * wipes tears of joy *
I'm really glad to hear that you are enjoying Flamefrost so much! :)

Welcome on board, it's awesome to have to you with us! ;) 

Keep up the good work :) when I'm a little more experienced, I'll try to give proper feedback.

Till then, have a good one!

• Like 2