• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Norion

Skills over a certain skill point allocation not gaining levels

Right off the bat: skills that have been allocated a certain amount of skill points do not receive XP from general sources, like quests, chest unlocks, and exploration XP. Full explanation of my problem and discovery follows.

So, first off, a little backstory into my game so far:

I got early advice to grab every craft skill, and place at least one point into each so they gain general XP and thus levels from nearly everything but straight combat. I did this at around level 3 or 4.

I'm level 33 now. So now I have a string of skills that are all even, at the same level, around 82ish for all of them, give or take a level. Pretty cool.

But I just recently noticed a pretty serious irregularity: my Enchanting skill is quite a bit lower than everything else, sitting at 53, almost 30 down, despite also receiving that initial skill point investment. I use enchanting often, but it's a skill that doesn't see much 'training' since I only enchant what I need. It is also a skill that I wanted to advance very fast, to obtain 300+ for three effects on items, so I put a lot of points into it... yet its base level is still much lower than all of the other skills, which I thought was odd, since it should at least be even (and even a little higher) than all of the 'low skills' I haven't used yet / much, but were getting general XP.

I tested it, and sure enough: my Enchanting is not gaining XP from anything, except direct Enchanting. It took me a while to figure it out, but I confirmed it on other skills, too. Mining and Disenchanting were two other skills I invested a lot of points into early on. I did not notice the problem with them, because I use them a LOT, so they are a way higher level than other craft skills. But they also receive no XP from general sources.

Now, the lowest skill point investment I've made, that is not receiving XP, is 25. Everything at or above 25 is not receiving XP. The highest I've made that is still receiving XP, is 15. So somewhere between 16 and 25 invested points is where the break occurs. I obviously cannot effectively test this, since respecs cost real money, but that's the data I've got on the problem for now.

• Like 2

That is a very peculiar problem and a great observation; well spotted! ;) 

Adding this to my list of things to investigate and fix!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dan said:

That is a very peculiar problem and a great observation; well spotted! ;) 

Adding this to my list of things to investigate and fix!

I'll be watching for its status! I actually have 17 unused skill points right now, haha.

Ok, I'm happy to inform you that the issue should now be resolved. :) 

Please let me know if you're still not receiving XP in skills with the highest number of points!

• Like 1