• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Slacker Darksoul

Map Filters in Towns

I notice that there's filter options on the World map for various points of interest but unless i'm missing something there's no such filters in towns and some places don't show up at all on a town map, didn't even realize there was a garden in  Elmethil Do'Naerath until i accidentally sat right on its square for a sec lol xD (sights markers can be pretty difficult to see too against some of the backgrounds).

• Like 1

Just my two cents, but...

There is a lot in Naerath and not all of the sure show up on the global map, either (the Eye, for example).  While it might be nice to have more filters on the map, I rather like it without them.  It gives a certain sense of adventure and exploration - Naerath is an untamed land, and even in the major cities it is quite right that there be places only the "locals" know about.  For me, knowing everything about everywhere and everyone takes a lot of the fun away from exploring the land upon which we've been shipwrecked.  The current maps make sure we can always find at least a few sites to do each activity, but to find the best or most convenient spots we sometimes have to make like dwarves and ask for help. :D

I can understand your point but at the same time it seems more likely that a public Garden in a major city would be on a map than a "hidden mine entrance" out in the middle of no where in the main world (which i've seen at least two of). :P

Edited by Slacker Darksoul
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Slacker Darksoul said:

I can understand your point but at the same time it seems more likely that a public Garden in a major city would be on a map than a "hidden mine entrance" out in the middle of no where in the main world (which i've seen at least two of). :P

Well, you could think of this as "public garden = publicly accessible", i.e. not private, so everyone is welcome (but its location is still known to the locals only; everyone else just doesn't care about it much to put it on the map :)).
While "Hidden mine entrance" is hard to find, but the mine itself is somewhat of a legend, so everyone knows where to look (just like the hidden entrance into the dwarven city from The Hobbit movie - everyone knows where to look, the city is on the map, but no one knows how to actually get in :)).

• Like 2