• Announcements

• Hyperion

WANTED: ROLEPLAY-ERS   09/04/18

A new roleplay section has been added to the forum.  Jump back into Naerath in a whole new way!
Slacker Darksoul

Perhaps tone down spawn rates in some zones

Went into the Glimmering Forest area and holy hell. Got attacked by a pack of some 8-10 wolves, killed them and a bear and some "four" novices show up almost instantly, killed them and started picking up loot and two more groups of wolves come charging in out of nowhere (before i could check on more than 3 out of the now large pile of drops) followed shortly by more four troops. This pattern continued consistently for a solid 20 minutes with finally at most a 30 second break and then it all started again.  It leaves no time for any degree of exploration of a zone and makes the other aspects of the game besides combat nearly pointless as there's never any time between fights to actually do anything else in the zone.

• Like 2

Hi Slacker!

Thanks for the feedback!

The respawn times are indeed fairly short (between 5-10 minutes per non-elite NPC) due to the fact that the area is shared between all players, so when a group of players explores Glimmering Forest it becomes void of all wildlife fairly quickly. :)

However, having said that I think that it might be a good idea to make the respawn times dynamic and vary depending on the number of players around.
This should give you more breaks in case you're travelling solo, but still keep everyone entertained in a larger group.

Will add that to my task list, unless anyone has any objections or better ideas! ;) 

• Like 4

The new players may just band together and lynch me for saying this...

I rather like the spawn rate system as it stands.  I normally have enough breathing room to check loot once the Motherload of all Mobs that shows up near the front gate is beaten, but I have plenty of area of effect spells that may be speeding up my fight time. :)  I've also noticed that exploring the map, while dangerous, is not made impossible.  There are plenty of wolf packs in the clearings, but as long as I keep moving towards my destination I only have to fight one or two of them en route.  Especially nice is the leveling potential: so far (level 41), a few hours in Exploration Mode is the most expedient way to gain a full level.  Quests are still preferable because they offer general experience, but if you just need that one level to build housing complexes it is faster to stock up on potions and head into the wild.

In other words, the current spawn rate is working great for me but does seem a bit much for an introductory Exploration Mode.

• Like 3

I also quite enjoy the short spawn rate, except for boss monsters (*flashback* to my first defeating of glimmerfade, where he/she? instantly respawned after i killed her,    "the-horror" *shivers* )

but this did not happen since then, killed her together with hype and could even loot her HUZZAH 

so for me everything is rainbows and sunshine in GF :3

but changing the respawn mechanic so a respawning creep comes back alive at another place (not at his death position) could maybe help the situation of new players getting zerged to death without touching the timers.

I'm fine either way (the dynamic rate based on current players in the map sounds great too).

• Like 3

This was an issue on early levels, because simply they'd spawn faster than you can kill them.

Once i could endure and kill them faster it kind of turned up some profit, given proper gear, food and str.

It gives half a level worth of xp and more loot than you can carry. Some wailing is left in the wind for the lost loot.

My record was killing four out of nine groups that were standing in queue, a few wolves sit outside waiting for room.

Most of the time the packs came running in a hurry, but have also seen some wolves literally blink into existence in the screen.

Dunno if it was some frameskip or they spawned right there.

• Like 3

I agree....respawn time is too fast !

I could not get away from all the mobs just appearing out of nowhere and pummeling me !

Blobby (Meta Blob) had to rescue me when he, Hyper, and I did GF.....do you know how humiliating that was for me?

The most awesomest Wayfinder known to Naerath?

Well, it was very humiliating let me tell ya ;) And me a Ginja Ninja to boot! Crimey sakes ! 

However the graphics for spells are fantastic! It was a joy to see all the spell effects ! Really cool to watch....so kudos there !

Anyway....I will quit my whining and shut it lol

• Like 2

oh don't get me wrong  the massive amounts of exp and gold out of it are great, the fights weren't particularly difficult per se so that wasn't the issue. I'm just the type of player that enjoys doing more than non-stop combat, i like the exploration aspect of games and discovering new stuff to do even if the exp from the combat is pretty unbeatable :P 

Edited by Slacker Darksoul
  • Like 2